CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

Photos of your tanks?

Old 06-09-2017, 08:04 PM   #1
LadyJemima
Photos of your tanks?

In response to my recent post (see "Verify my setup" in this forum), Karl mentioned something I had not read online:
Quote:
Other: corn snakes like lots of clutter and hiding places. 3 or 4 is better than 2. Lots of artificial plants. If you can look into the cage and see through to the other side, your snake will probably be uncomfortable.
This is interesting! I would love to see how everyone has arranged their tanks. Photos would be great!

Old 06-09-2017, 08:45 PM   #2
Karl_Mcknight
Here is my current Setup...ummm...ahhh.... I should say My Snake's current setup. It's a 30 gallon I put him in when he was much smaller. He's 4 feet long now, and I'll probably upgrade to a slightly larger tank sometime this summer.

Old 06-09-2017, 10:57 PM   #3
DollysMom

Warm side on left under rock cave, heat pad on thermostat. Dual cool and warm side thermometers. Hygrometer on back wall. Humid hide in middle. Cool hide (cork and vine) on right.

Old 06-19-2017, 06:05 PM   #4
LadyJemima
Dolly, what is behind your hide with the woodgrain? Contact paper? Paneling?

Old 06-20-2017, 12:25 AM   #5
DollysMom
That's foam core board with contact paper on it. It is taped to the outside back of the tank.

Old 06-20-2017, 01:09 PM   #6
5280snake

My snake is a 9 yr. Normal - he is approximately 5' 6". He gets out to exercise every other day.
40 GAL BREEDER - 36" X 18" X 16" by Zilla. Slide screen top, locking front.
Two - UTH one on each side, under the hide areas. Each is thermostat controlled.

Gathered natural materials on day hikes. The bark and logs have all been cleaned without chemicals, then baked in the oven per instructions found on this forum. Rough/ pokey edges sanded down. No evergreens allowed.

Numbered items in the photo:
1. To the left of 1. Smiley is peeking out from behind the big log to see what I am up to.
2. Thermostat controls on the wall outside the tanks in full view for monitoring. One per UTH, cool and warmer zones.
3. Dry erase records on front of tank. Last Shed and Last Feed dates. Settles any family debate on when did we....
4. Hide 1 - cool side. Two huge bark sections from fallen tree. (Cottonwood)
5. Clips to secure cable placements for the UTH probes. The thermostat probe cables are held in place on the bottom of the tank with large "hot glue" mound on the cable 3/4" from the metal probe. The bottom of tank covered with terrarium carpet.
6. Front enclosure lock.
7. Low heat LED - lamp for use in the winter time for longer "day" cycles, controlled by a basic wall timer.
8. Hide 2 - warm side. Currently a simple upside down cardboard box with side entry cut-out holes. Hard to see under all the logs etc.
9. Rough textured sand castle. Useful rubbing for starting his shed? But mostly for the cute / fun factor.
10. Plastic vines, moss, river logs, scattered woodland effect. Deep enough in places to burrow.
11. Soft terrarium carpet, moss green covers entire tank bottom, above the UTH thermostat probes. Hardly visible because of all the woodland materials.
12. Water bowl. With room behind acts as a hidden passage when switching from one hide to the other.

Old 06-21-2017, 01:21 PM   #7
beyourownspotlight
Mine is a very basic set up if I'm honest, and I will be adding in more bits and bobs over time. Some fake plants etc, more for Alfie to climb on too. But so far, here it is.

The empty mini twister box is over his heat mat, and is used as his warm hide. Aspen bedding. He's got a branch in there, and a bendable vine for climbing. Another cardboard box he loves to climb in/through/over/under. A few empty toilet roll holders, and kitchen roll holders. A water dish on his cool side, and another hide on his cool side, and one on the shelf above his warm side, and an empty shelf too.

Old 07-19-2017, 11:13 AM   #8
Scrappyeddie77

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google