CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

New Member Introductions Getting more and more new members here, so I think we need a forum for them to introduce themselves. You old timers can do the same, if you would like.

Hello from Edinburgh!!

Old 06-17-2017, 06:02 PM   #1
beyourownspotlight
Hello from Edinburgh!!

Hello!!!

I'm Katie, and I have a corn snake named Alfie!
He's my first snake, and I've not had him long, here's hoping we bond haha.

Old 06-17-2017, 10:52 PM   #2
noraandthenoodle
Quote:
Originally Posted by beyourownspotlight View Post
Hello!!!

I'm Katie, and I have a corn snake named Alfie!
He's my first snake, and I've not had him long, here's hoping we bond haha.
Welcome! What a lovely snake Alfie is. I'm Nora, and my snake Ekans and I say hello! :P

Ekans is also my first snake, and this forum has already been a huge help. There's a lot of great information here and people have been wonderful so far. I hope to get to see more of you and Alfie around! Best wishes.

Old 06-17-2017, 11:46 PM   #3
Mr.Z
Welcome! I'm also new to snake ownership with my first, Dom, and new to the forum as well! Alfie is gorgeous, how old is he? I also really like your enclosure, do you have more photos of that?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Old 06-18-2017, 10:40 AM   #4
DollysMom
Welcome to you and Alfie, Katie! There is no doubt that you will bond as it is nearly impossible that you won't. Alfie is so cute.

Old 06-18-2017, 03:43 PM   #5
Twolunger
Welcome to you and Alfie. My snakes love paper towel hides and if they get soiled, I throw them away and put another couple in their enclosure.

Old 06-18-2017, 03:48 PM   #6
beyourownspotlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by noraandthenoodle View Post
Welcome! What a lovely snake Alfie is. I'm Nora, and my snake Ekans and I say hello! :P

Ekans is also my first snake, and this forum has already been a huge help. There's a lot of great information here and people have been wonderful so far. I hope to get to see more of you and Alfie around! Best wishes.
Oh my god, that's an amazing name. I love it! Hello to you, and Ekans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Z View Post
Welcome! I'm also new to snake ownership with my first, Dom, and new to the forum as well! Alfie is gorgeous, how old is he? I also really like your enclosure, do you have more photos of that?

Thanks! We got told he was 7-9ish, they're not 100% sure. On our feeding chart for him, it says he's 9. I think they were erring on the older side just in case.
http://www.petsathome.com/shop/en/pe...vivarium-120cm

that's the viv he's in, it just has some aspen bedding on the bottom, and a couple of empty toilet roll holders, and currently a cardboard box for him to hide in, as the pet shop didn't have any hides he'd fit in when we brought him home (they are enroute, I've got them being delivered), and a bendy vine thing to climb on, and he climbs over all of it. I've not got any pictures of it all set up with the bedding etc....

it's not obvious but there's a second shelf for him to climb on, on the left hand side, it's just high up. It's currently on top of my bearded dragons viv.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DollysMom View Post
Welcome to you and Alfie, Katie! There is no doubt that you will bond as it is nearly impossible that you won't. Alfie is so cute.

I hope so, it's always something I'm a bit not scared of, but nervous? about when bringing a new pet home, that they just won't like me for whatever reason.

Old 06-18-2017, 03:50 PM   #7
beyourownspotlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twolunger View Post
Welcome to you and Alfie. My snakes love paper towel hides and if they get soiled, I throw them away and put another couple in their enclosure.
this might sound like a stupid question, but what do you mean by paper towel hides? Do you just put in some paper towel? Like scrunched up? or something, and your snake just burrows in?

Old 06-18-2017, 10:04 PM   #8
Mr.Z
@beyourownspotlight Thanks for the pic and the link, that's a really cool concept. I like it better than the traditional aquarium. Easy to maintain the temperature gradient and humidity?

Old 06-19-2017, 03:36 AM   #9
beyourownspotlight
Quote:
@beyourownspotlight Thanks for the pic and the link, that's a really cool concept. I like it better than the traditional aquarium. Easy to maintain the temperature gradient and humidity?

so far no problems, I keep my bearded dragon in the same, just with no shelving in it, she's far too clumsy for them haha. And i've not had a problem with any of her sheds, or temps.

Old 06-21-2017, 06:43 AM   #10
beyourownspotlight
Quote:

managed to get more pics, if you're still interested in what his viv looks like.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google