CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

New Member Introductions Getting more and more new members here, so I think we need a forum for them to introduce themselves. You old timers can do the same, if you would like.

Fondest Greetings

Old 06-18-2017, 09:03 PM   #1
CitricPrincess
Fondest Greetings

Hello. I am Citrus. I arrive after finding myself seeking some info for my three corn snakes, though I also bring tidings of my dog, two cats, three crested geckos, three ball pythons, two long tailed lizards, and one texas tan tarantula. The menagerie seems to be happily ever growing.

But as this is a corn snake form I suppose I should introduce the most relevant critters with the most detail. So, without further ado-

This most beautiful creature is Rifter, the first of all my snakes. Anery (with a list of hets). I bought this one as a male, figured out recently that's pretty inaccurate. Still not used to calling her a she, though, as I've had her for well over a year now.

And this squirmy dear who near refused to take a worthwhile picture goes by the name of Saedian. Female hypo motley/stripe, possible red factor. Only snake to date to have ever bit me, out of mine, my cousins, and any others I've interacted with including all the random wild things I grabbed and showed off to peers as a child, but as she was at the time even smaller than in this picture, I didn't feel it, much less did it leave a mark. Amused me is what it really did. She managed that twice, but seems to have already grown out of that (or at least learned that it's a waste of energy toward me)

And then there's this handsome boy. Actually I just got him today. Took a little photoshoot and got some starting data (he's 111g and male) before I set him in his new home to let him settle and chill for a time. To be honest he's a petstore find. Half off 'cause he's a half grown pre-owned pet someone didn't want and brought in, appearantly (and I got further money off that besides. I'd been greeting him in there for over a week), it was hard to refuse...) I'm not 100% sure what he is. I figure ghost, and you could possibly convince me he had another gene in there. Actually planning to post up a 'what is this' thread with some of the better pics is what led me to finally create an account here instead of just lurking for answers to others' questions I share.

So anyways, that is my corn snake group. You want pics and ramblings about any of the rest of the menagerie feel free to ask, I'm shy as heck, even online, but I have a habit of not shutting up when we're talking critters XD

Old 06-18-2017, 09:50 PM   #2
Scrappyeddie77
Welcome to the family here. I have been on here awhile now and yes we might come off as harsh sometimes but I do believe that it is always the passion and well being of the animals that we have in mind. And we mean no harm.

Now on to my feelings.
I don't have or want any fur babies. I don't know what about them I don't like but I am also not a fan of lizards I think it has something to do with their legs just creepy to me.

But welcome and there is a ton of info here and yes we like pics always it keeps some of us from getting more if we can live vicariously through others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 06-18-2017, 09:56 PM   #3
Mr.Z
You have quite the collection there. I'm at 2 dogs, 2 rats (not to be food), one snake for now, and 2 humans...they count too right?? Personally I'd love to see pictures of the rest. We love all critters in my house!

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Old 06-18-2017, 11:49 PM   #4
CitricPrincess
:3 You'll find I'm hard to phase with harsh words, especially if they are with purpose to help critters. We learn through criticism, do we not? I have many a relative or friend who's been amused (or appalled) by my own bluntness at one time or another, I do confess. ^.^;

And totally count the humans. I'd probably add them to my list if I had any to claim! Technically I also own a rat (or two, I'm still not sure who has true claim on that other that might be mine), however they are at my cousin's place as she owns the males/the rest of the colonies, and while our adults are pets, their offspring are food. I also have mice and mealworms, but those are all feeder colonies. Though one day a few mice might get stolen out as pets, 'cause we have some pretties in there.

But if y'all desire such, I'll gladly introduce the rest of the critters:

Renji, male red sesame shiba inu, 5 years old. A month ago he was blowing his coat. Here he is looking confused/guilty about the mess XD He's quite mellow and a little skittish for his breed, but has all the loyalty, prey drive, and the 'I don't care if I'm as big as that dog's paw, he's on my turf I can take him.' that you'd want. And them some. XD And he's handsome as can be, to boot.

And here are the kitties.
Rosswelle, neutered male red patterned and white japanese bobtail. The kind of social cat that hides from guests so he can sneak claws into their feet, yells to let me know what room he's in, if I need to look into food/water/litter box, or just to remind me he exists for in case I forgot in the 5 seconds since his last holler. I love him to pieces.
Wolverine, neutered male black domestic shorthair. The kind of shy cat that hides from strangers, never makes a peep, and freaks out if you make sudden or wrong movements, and typically only loves me, his owner. He's a little cuddlebug though. His affectionate headbutts can bruise, but if you're really luck and stay really still, he'll give a really good back massage as you're falling asleep in bed.

Mokuba (Male red phantom pin) and Mana (Female partial pin harlequin) are my adult breeding pair of crested geckos. Mana was actually my first reptile ever, I got approved to get her when I was in student housing my first year of college, 'cause I got out there and it sunk in that 18 years of life and I had never spent more than a week or two without some critter to pet and love on. They wouldn't let me have anything fluffy, so I started researching alternatives. The reptile obsession was born (I had wanted a snake, but my roommate said NO. Sad day. Happened eventually though, once I got out of student housing). Mana's a bit of a grumpy pants, prone to complaining if you mess with her too much, but she's all talk. Mokuba is large and chill. He's usually happy to just sit in your hand and relax. But that's when you can find him to take him out, as he spends most of his time in his hides, unlike Mana who likes to up in her leaves right up against the glass beside the front door so you ALWAYS see her, especially when coming and going.

And here is Quinn, the child of Mana and Mokuba that I kept from my first successfully hatched clutch. He's a little sweetheart. Technically I also have a younger child of their's in my care, that I'm getting well started so I can give it to some of my cousins, but as I don't claim ownership of that one, I don't count it in my menagerie roll call.

My three ball python girlies, when I attempted to take a pic of all of them for comparison and they kinda sat still at first.
Shallan, female Mojave (poss fire, but I'm pretty doubting that would prove out) is in the front right. She's the oldest of the three, currently sitting near 400 grams. She's usually a typical ball python. Likes to hide, curls up if she gets nervous, but braving up with age/size. Sweet and docile as can be.
Vida is on the left. She's a Phantom Goblin. Gorgeous girl. Definitely my most skittish ball python, balling up at any unexpected movement of any magnitude. She doesn't usually stay balled for more than a few seconds though, and then she's off going, her default speed is the fastest I've seen in the species.
And Wyrm is in the back, she's a lemonblast. I think she thinks she's a corn snake. Never balls up, never sits still, never refuses a meal. Absolute dear and fun to watch.

And here's one of the long tails. I have two females, don't have many good pictures of these, and they are more watch pets than interact with pets as they are so crazy and try to make a break for it over nothing, especially the one pictured. Similarly I'm lacking of good pictures of my tarantula, Crona, who is more observed than handled.

But there's my clan in their Majesty. Future pictures will likely get posted to those nifty photo album boards I see y'all have? But I figured I'd introduce everyone in the intro thread, ne?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google