CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

Nationwide CCW bill

Old 07-16-2017, 01:18 AM   #21
DLena
I was kidding because of your beautiful target shooting. You bring up a good point about staying proficient. I learned to shoot when I worked for US Customs. I joined a shooting club and went twice a week to maintain the skill once I left there. I still go, but a friend's husband is a retired cop and I get to go with him for free... and the ammo is free, too. Guns aren't toys, they're tools, to be used properly.

Old 07-20-2017, 03:49 PM   #22
Nova_C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl_Mcknight View Post
of course guns fall out of it. Liberals hate guns. They don't even let their own citizens carry, they sure won't let somebody from another state carry.
Liberals do not hate guns.

I'm very liberal and own several, including a couple custom pieces. I hope to eventually inherit my grandad's M1911 that was his sidearm in WW2.

Canadians in general are much more liberal in politics than Americans and lots of us own guns.

As a gun owner, though, I'm solidly against the idea of people carrying them around in public. I take special care to be safe with my firearms, but I don't trust that everyone will. I don't accept that we must live with innocents dying due to an armed populace because of the few that shouldn't be trusted to carry a firearm. The old adage is "An armed society is a polite society", but you just have to look at road rage in America to know that is not at all true.

My belief is the benefits do not outweigh the cost.

So, as a liberal, I do not hate guns. I just don't trust every single person to be responsible with them.

Old 07-20-2017, 04:58 PM   #23
Twolunger
You may feel safe walking around Yellowknife, but I'll invite you to walk around Baltimore, Detroit, Los Angeles, New York or any metropolitan city unarmed. You are comparing liberals in Canada to liberals in the U.S. There's a world of difference. Liberal politicians make no bones about their desire to scrap the 2nd Amendment of OUR Constitution and disarm all citizens. One of the dumbest things a person with a concealed permit can do is leave his/her weapon at home. The second dumbest thing is to carry it and not know how to use it safely.

Old 07-20-2017, 05:24 PM   #24
Karl_Mcknight
I'll stand by my comments.

And your comments about : "As a gun owner, though, I'm solidly against the idea of people carrying them around in public. I take special care to be safe with my firearms, but I don't trust that everyone will. I don't accept that we must live with innocents dying due to an armed populace because of the few that shouldn't be trusted to carry a firearm. The old adage is "An armed society is a polite society", but you just have to look at road rage in America to know that is not at all true......" I find appalling. All that much more a reason to carry. And as an "American" I really don't give a flyin' flip what a Canadian thinks.

Old 07-20-2017, 05:57 PM   #25
Nova_C
I don't follow why that would be more of a reason to carry. Maybe I didn't explain myself properly? Basically, road rage incidents are much more lethal when firearms are involved. In general, any kind of altercation is much more lethal when firearms are involved. It doesn't seem wise to have them distributed among the population when so many people react to conflict so violently.

You don't have to give a "flyin' flip" what I think if you don't want, I suppose. Not sure what that has to do with anything, though, or why you'd reply if you don't care.

Old 07-20-2017, 06:16 PM   #26
Karl_Mcknight
first of all, you are a Canadian. Your citizens don't carry....er.... can't carry in public. SO you have absolutely nothing to worry about.

We are discussing American Laws, which you have absolutely no say in. Why are you even chiming in? Your vote does not matter.

Old 07-20-2017, 06:35 PM   #27
Nova_C
It's....an international forum?

You were making a broad claim about liberals, which my very existence proves as untrue.

As far as my opinion, I felt that I should justify my post, rather than just saying "You're wrong." I know my vote 'doesn't matter' when it comes to American policy, but so what? Do you not have any opinions on anything beyond America's borders? Do you not take any interest in what happens outside of your neighbourhood? The world is a big place, and we all share it and have an effect on each other, borders or no.

Old 07-20-2017, 06:39 PM   #28
Karl_Mcknight
yes you silly twit, it's an international forum, but "Nationwide CCW" (what this thread is about) is about American Law. Everybody knows that. Canada does not have Nationwide CCW. Go back home.

Old 07-20-2017, 06:41 PM   #29
Nova_C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twolunger View Post
You may feel safe walking around Yellowknife, but I'll invite you to walk around Baltimore, Detroit, Los Angeles, New York or any metropolitan city unarmed. You are comparing liberals in Canada to liberals in the U.S. There's a world of difference. Liberal politicians make no bones about their desire to scrap the 2nd Amendment of OUR Constitution and disarm all citizens. One of the dumbest things a person with a concealed permit can do is leave his/her weapon at home. The second dumbest thing is to carry it and not know how to use it safely.
There are plenty of liberal gun owners in the US. Many Americans support some form of regulation (I think it's most, but I'll have to look up the articles). I also know people who have concealed carry licenses who don't carry most of the time because carrying around a big hung of metal all the time is a pain.

I've only been to Alaska recently, haven't been to Los Angeles in a long time, but I didn't feel any need for weapons any time I've been to the US. I don't know anyone that goes to the US and immediately wants to arm themselves. I don't believe the US is so unsafe that anyone that goes there should immediately get a gun.

Old 07-20-2017, 06:45 PM   #30
Karl_Mcknight
You don't understand the point or the Law at all. I hope I never 'NEED" my firearm, but if I do I'm glad it's there. It's a right that Americans have. As an American I can "Choose to carry" or I can "Choose not to."

As a Canadian, you don't have that choice or that right, and if the day ever did come where you "Needed" a firearm to defend yourself, you'd just be out of luck.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google