CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Classifieds Section > Other Animals and Related Items For Sale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Other Animals and Related Items For Sale Any other types of animals, plus caging, feeders, etc, can be posted within this area. ALL members can place ads in this section.

Half Dwarf Burmese

Old 10-22-2012, 08:28 PM   #1
komodo_28
Half Dwarf Burmese

I have an extra male half dwarf burm for sale, I got him thrown in with a trio I bought. He is 100% het Green and Albino. His father is a full dwarf at the Philly Zoo so he is a true half dwarf. The males only get about 5 foot on average and should not exceed 6 foot, he will eat large rats as an adult, so if you have always wanted a Burm but dont like the size of normal adults, here is your chance to get one!

I am now asking only 300 Shipped for this guy! I need to make some room for some different snakes asap.
PA sales only

Old 10-22-2012, 10:26 PM   #2
AliCat37
UGH Stupid lacey act!!! The only reason I don't have a burm is because they get huge, I didn't know they had dwarfs that size! Hope you can find him a good home.

Old 10-22-2012, 11:33 PM   #3
RobbiesCornField
I'm currently awaiting a conditional reptiles permit from the state of Florida, and if that goes through, I'll DEFINITELY be coming back for this guy!

Old 10-23-2012, 10:29 AM   #4
Nanci
If he's a half-dwarf, how do you know what his mature size will be? Do they breed the two together often? Is it a recessive gene? How does it work? (So many questions, but I bet I'm not the only one!) I love burms :-)

Old 10-23-2012, 10:57 AM   #5
komodo_28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
If he's a half-dwarf, how do you know what his mature size will be? Do they breed the two together often? Is it a recessive gene? How does it work? (So many questions, but I bet I'm not the only one!) I love burms :-)
There are a few breeders across the country dealing with half dwarfs and that is how they know the adult size, they breed a full dwarf to a normal female because the dwarf females are very hard to get to breed in captivity, but it has happened. It is not a recessive gene, I guess the easiest way to explain it is think of hybrids. When you breed a large snake with a different species of a smaller snake, the offspring will be somewhere in between those two sizes. The Dwarf Burm is a "sub-species" of the mainland burm, they come from an island, but the name escape me right now. So when the two sub-species are bred together you get the Half Dwarf and that is what this guy is. These guys are F1 so they are directly from a full Dwarf and normal female so they should get to the upper end of the range I gave, but thats still only 6 foot for the males. The f2s which I will be producing in the next couple of years will be on the smaller end of that range since they are not directly related to the full size female, if that makes any sense. Any more questions feel free to ask

Old 10-23-2012, 11:00 AM   #6
komodo_28
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbiesCornField View Post
I'm currently awaiting a conditional reptiles permit from the state of Florida, and if that goes through, I'll DEFINITELY be coming back for this guy!
I hope you get the permit, but if he isnt available still I will have half dwarf greens, albino greens, albinos, and more normals in the next few years!

Old 10-25-2012, 11:14 AM   #7
Outcast
I really wish those laws didn't pass. I would love to get a burm one day... I think they are beautiful creatures.

Old 10-31-2012, 09:15 AM   #8
komodo_28
I would like to get this guy moved out soon so I am going to include shipping in the 300.00 for him, the guy I got these off of was asking 450 each so this is a great deal!

Old 10-31-2012, 06:10 PM   #9
Tom Tuttle
Is it part Sri Lankan?

Old 10-31-2012, 09:48 PM   #10
komodo_28
To tell you the truth, im not sure. I just emailed the guy to see where the dwarfs originate because I cant remember.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google