• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Question about Lavender morphs

Enora

Hope this is the right place to ask. Which Lavender morph is the most purple? I really really want a purple snake and am trying to find out which one is the most purple so that I can get one soonish. Got an expo coming up in September and will be checking for one there but want to know which morph to ask for.

The most purple I've seen is probably the "Purple X" line from Simon McCleave in Belfast, Ireland, though recent photos have not impressed me as much. Orchids and some Amethysts (Lava Lavender) have had the best purple color in my opinion, but only certain lines. A lot of breeders (especially the majority of hobbyists) only seem to focus on the gene mutations and frequently ignore polygenetic traits, either because line-bred animals with better coloration/patterning are often more expensive or because it just never occurs to them to do so. Depending on the size of the expo, you may or may not find what you're looking for. I went to one of the largest shows in the US last fall and don't recall seeing very many lavender mutants...perhaps a few on Walter Smith's table?

You might get lucky, though. Keep a sharp eye out. If you don't find something perfect, don't feel like you have to buy something right then and there. Plenty of breeders will have hatchlings available starting in June/July.

Thanks. If I can't find one at the expo in September I found a breeder that sells them online. Would prefer to get one local though

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I can't find him on there at all but quite a few people in my Facebook forum have gone through him for theirs. srcorns.com is his site

He recommends a hypo lavender. Was just talking to him.

Male especially, if it's bright color you're after. Corns are not typically sexually dimorphic, but female lavenders for whatever reason are just never quite as bright as their male counterparts. My adult female is pretty colorful (though difficult to photograph accurately), and her daughter is coloring up nicely as well, so either sex might be right up your alley. Steve has some pretty exceptional stock.

Back