CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Administrative > Discussions about this site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Discussions about this site How is this site doing? Any suggestions to make? This is the forum to talk about this website in general.

Age restriction? Kids on the forum.

Old 03-12-2013, 07:07 PM   #11
Nanci
Um, not all of those are hobbies of mine, however...

Old 03-12-2013, 07:12 PM   #12
AliCat37
I don't necessarily think it's just the teens and kids that post hard to decipher things... unfortunately the internet is full of people who just don't care for spelling and grammar. I was told by one person that "th1z iz teh w@y u rite nw, nd iz teh futr". That was probably a high school drop out, but still. People think that writing like that is acceptable on the internet.. thankfully, most of the forum members here either ignore a post like that, or tell the poster that if they can't spell and use grammar then no one is going to answer their questions, as they are too difficult to decipher.

Old 03-13-2013, 01:07 AM   #13
Rich Z
Nope, no restrictions on age here.

Every once in a while I will get an email or PM in "texting shortcut slang". As of yet, I have never replied to any of them. And I doubt I ever will.

So if that is the future, well, I think I'll pass, please and thank you.

Old 07-24-2013, 03:21 PM   #14
screamindemon17
Some people cant spell very well like myself. And cell phones auto correct the wrong word or does the drag thing when you didnt want it to

Old 07-24-2013, 05:28 PM   #15
Alicia P
Quote:
Originally Posted by screamindemon17 View Post
Some people cant spell very well like myself. And cell phones auto correct the wrong word or does the drag thing when you didnt want it to
I think spelling errors and unwanted auto-corrects are different from what Rich is talking about. I do believe he means actual text slang like Gr8, 2G2BT, CUL8R and so on.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google