CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Administrative > Discussions about this site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Discussions about this site How is this site doing? Any suggestions to make? This is the forum to talk about this website in general.

must spread around

Old 06-21-2013, 04:31 PM   #51
gelshark
Rich,
Can you make it so that the only reppable person is me?

Old 06-21-2013, 05:02 PM   #52
Rich Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by gelshark View Post
Rich,
Can you make it so that the only reppable person is me?
Yes. But it will have to be only negative rep. Will that be OK?

Old 06-21-2013, 08:39 PM   #53
gelshark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
Yes. But it will have to be only negative rep. Will that be OK?
Sounds good to me, a bad rep is better than no rep any day.

Old 06-22-2013, 11:48 AM   #54
Rich Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by gelshark View Post
Sounds good to me, a bad rep is better than no rep any day.
If you aren't getting ANY rep, then perhaps that means that what you are posting is not interesting enough for the other members here. Maybe a change in style is in order? That really IS the purpose of the reputation system, you know.....

Old 06-22-2013, 12:36 PM   #55
chris68
The reason I've never really liked the "rep" feature is people seem to take it at face value. If you have 10 or more green blocks you "must" know what you are talking about. We all know that's not always the case . I understand the purpose, but I think it gets interpreted wrong by folks, jmho. And if someone who has lots of rep "reps" someone who doesn't (guilty) that persons rep appears to go up as much as someone who has been here for years and years. Maybe that could be adjusted?

Old 06-22-2013, 12:59 PM   #56
ghosthousecorns
The "you must spread more rep around" message is annoying since I seem to always want to rep the same people over and over. Some people just make many good posts and I agree with a lot more often.
Since everyone is maxed out and it means nothing, it makes sense to start over. Might make people actually participate more because they want their little green squares back lol. And maybe make it so they don't accumulate as fast so it doesn't max out again. Like maybe if you don't get as many points when someone else reps you or not base the amount you get on how many reps the person repping you has themselves. Right now Nanci or someone like that with high rep can take someone with no green squares, rep them once and they are pretty much maxed out, I think?

Old 06-22-2013, 01:49 PM   #57
Nanci
Do the green blocks have to be visible?

Old 06-22-2013, 03:12 PM   #58
diamondlil
Just a suggestion, could the rep points carry no weighting? As in a rep from any member would equal the same value? When someone wants to rep a post, it shouldn't (IMO) mean more or less who they are, how long they've been here, etc

Old 06-22-2013, 03:30 PM   #59
Nanci
Seems fair?

Old 06-22-2013, 04:10 PM   #60
Rich Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
Do the green blocks have to be visible?
As far as I can tell, yes. I can disable the display of the rep POWER, but evidently not the green or red blocks.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google