• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

SpiritSerpents 2020 breedings

Shiari

Blutterer
Finally a year again with multiple clutches, what a fantastic change!

Raka (sunkissed charcoal het diffused) x Gallium (pewter)- 13 eggs laid, but they weren't together and were laid in the aspen. They all got turned when she panicked while I was retrieving them. 3 eggs show strong veins. Goal: charcoals het sunkissed diffused, and pewters het sunkissed from gazer-free lines.

Leshen (lavender) x Gallium (pewter)- 16 eggs laid, 3 slugs. Of the remaining 13, 11 candle with strong veins and 2 candle with nothing. Goal: hets for charcoal plasmas. Will be interesting to see if any hidden hets show up.

Torandre (ghost het amel) x Bansidhe (phantom moonstone het amel)- This was a pairing I agonized over doing.

2 years ago, Bansidhe was paired with 2 first-time females. One of these were his sibling, one was an unrelated charcoal. His sister became eggbound and died shortly after her pre-lay shed, having passed two slugs. With the unrelated charcoal, most of the eggs were slugs with 3 showing veins. One egg died early in incubation. The other two went nearly to term and contained one very small, entirely fused charcoal and the other a full sized and fully fused blizzard. I also had horrible heat spikes that year as my air conditioning broke and the incubator got well over 85 degrees for several days.

Having had animals in the past be specifically incompatible with each other + knowing that I had horrible temps + they were all first time females and he was a first time male... I decided this year to give him one final try. I paired him to my ghost who I know is an eminently fertile female to see if it was poor luck, or he has bad genes.

So far, so good it appears. She's laying right now and so far every egg looks fertile. I palpated 17 eggs. Goal: Ghosts het charcoal lavender ph amel, Hypo snows het charcoal lavender.

Gabrielle (charcoal het amel diffused) x Charcoal Motley ph diffused- in blue. This male is so neurotic about being handled and in a breeding bin that I finally just cohabbed him with Gabby for 10 days. She palpates with eggs and is visibly gravid, so we'll see. Goal: Charcoals het motley ph amel diffused. Hope: pewters het motley ph amel. Also a chance to test the charcoal for motley and the motley for amel plus any hidden hets.

Ms. Moose (anery het hypo ph amel) x Eugene (anery)- Hoping to make laaaaaarge babies as I pair large daughter back to large father.

Attachments

• tor x bansidhe eggs smaller.jpg
    tor x bansidhe eggs smaller.jpg
    202.4 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
Miss Moose has laid her 13 eggs... and laid about 5 of them on top of her lower coils so removing her from the eggs was fun. All appear fertile.

Gabby is laying right now and I palpated 14. End total should be 59 if no slugs.

Attachments

• miss moose on eggs.jpg
    miss moose on eggs.jpg
    245.8 KB · Views: 67
Results so far:

Raka x Gallium- 2 charcoal masque (one extremely small and kinked), 1 either pewter or super masque charcoal.

Leshen x Gallium- 7 normals/masques... possible red factors???? 2 Lavenders (!!!????), 2 left to pip. - This discovery means that all of my charcoals from last year are now 50% pos. het for lavender.

The Tor x Bansidhe clutch is due to start pipping next Thursday. I'm so excited.

My phone refuses to get the colors on the normal correct. The red bellies in particular are not showing up.

But here's the two lavenders and one of the 'normals' from this most recent clutch. 'Normal' is het charcoal, lavender, diffused. Lavender is het charcoal diffused.

Attachments

• lavnder zig 1.jpg
    lavnder zig 1.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 50
  • lavender and normal masque.jpg
    lavender and normal masque.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 51
Unfortunately, that really nice zigzag lavender gal is kinked, so she will be going to a pet-only home eventually.

Current tally:

2 charcoal masques (1 extremely undersized and kinked) and 1 pewter. The non-kinked babies both took f/t unaltered pinks for the first meal without hesitation. Both those are male. Kinked female refused offering of 1/2 pinky.

7 Normals/red factors?, 4 lavenders (1 kinked lavender). Male heavy clutch. In blue.

The Torandre x Bansidhe clutch is pipping. Two ghost noses so far.

Attachments

• Toba pip smaller.jpg
    Toba pip smaller.jpg
    210.8 KB · Views: 40
I think that was the baby that was in the egg that 'popped' halfway through incubation and developed some mold. She made it to term but... *shrugs*. Otherwise, no clue. The kinking is all in the zigzag so it's likely *why* her pattern is weird.

These babies however... no kinks palpated. Also females. Probably both staying.

Ghost het lavender ph charcoal amel (need to prove out sire's charcoal status next year)

Attachments

• keeper girl.png
    keeper girl.png
    916.2 KB · Views: 34
  • this one stays.png
    this one stays.png
    966.6 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
2nd to last clutch is pipping.

Pairing was Gabby (dark charcoal het hypo amel diffused) to Charcoal (phantom?) motley ph diffused.

First to pip was a phantom so Gabrielle's 50% het got proved!

Attachments

• charmot.jpg
    charmot.jpg
    174 KB · Views: 29
  • gabrielle20172.jpg
    gabrielle20172.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 28
  • phantom.jpg
    phantom.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 28
My last clutch hatched (aside from the single fertile egg I got as a 'double clutch' from my ghost gal) and I was expecting all aneries.

Hypo really *is* a 4 letter word because what the bloody hell is this?

The sire to this clutch was bred to the aforementioned ghost. I got 20 eggs. I got NO hypo-type babies. No ghosts in that clutch at all. The odds of the male being het for hypo A and producing no ghosts in 20 eggs is 0.000095%.

This year I bred him to his daughter for a project focusing on size and temperament. I expected all aneries.

So what on earth is THIS? I know she hasn't had her first shed yet, and the color will change a bit... but she doesn't even really look like a ghost? What hypo flavor is going on here?

Attachments

• hypo wtf.png
    hypo wtf.png
    871.8 KB · Views: 24
Back