CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Question about feeding

Old 06-19-2012, 06:42 PM   #1
BooBoo18
Question about feeding

Ok feeding time was last night. Nathair has been a bit strange in the eating department but now I am at a loss. He wont eat in a container like the other snakes so we defrost his two pinkies and put them in a paper tube. We put this into his tank and he will then wait around until no one is looking and go into the tube to get them.

The last two feedings I look in the morning and find he has only eaten one pinkie and leaves the other one in the tube. I don't know what the problem is and why he wont eat both. He is probably heavy enough that I could bump him up to peach fuzzies and just go with one food item.

I am looking for some other thoughts or ideas as to why he is leaving a pinkie behind. Otherwise everything is good in his tank. Got the uth at the right temp in the tank and all.

I will weight him soon and see where he is at. Could he only be grabbing one pinkie because the other cools off? What is up with this little guy????

Old 06-19-2012, 06:50 PM   #2
beautifullywild77
I have a shy eater, Winchester, he doesn't eat doubles. So I had to just pick the biggest pinks until he was big enough for peach fuzzies. I am not sure what it is but he never ate the second one.

He wont eat when people are around either. So he gets his food on a paper towel in his tub over night. Now he will also refuse any food up to a 4 days before he goes blues. He is a slow grower too.

Old 06-19-2012, 07:06 PM   #3
Nanci
Some snakes just won't eat doubles.

Old 06-19-2012, 07:07 PM   #4
Nanci
And- cool feeding method. I don't believe I've heard of anyone doing that!

Old 06-19-2012, 07:07 PM   #5
BooBoo18
thanks I am thinking this guy is going to be the same. He is definitely our shy guy and will duck back into his hide is he sees someone looking in his direction. There always has to be a different one in the group I guess and he has been elected.

Old 06-19-2012, 07:09 PM   #6
BooBoo18
We thaw two pinkies and they are both warm when we put them in the tank. I was thinking maybe he wont eat the second one cause it has cooled off some while he is eating the first. Not that we cool his pinkies.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google