CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

His first live one!

Old 03-13-2012, 02:17 PM   #61
Lyion
Quote:
Originally Posted by guagerage View Post
i'm the michael vick of cornsnakes for feeding him a live mouse.
Several remaining people are not accusing you of anything. However, this particular snake is poor at eating live.

A snake should go for a head strike and coil on contact. This snake does a good job here @ 1:30. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmUP_3LQbGg . Barry may start coiling with larger mice but in the mean time practice extreme caution.

Old 03-13-2012, 02:21 PM   #62
7legion77
Quote:

We, as human beings, are better than that and should actively work to prevent such unless there is no other way.
Sounds like I am morally a Neanderthal then.
Here's my pro/con list:

F/T:

Pros: Safe and humane!
Cons: Artificial!

Live:

Pros: Beautiful to watch! Psychosexual thrill!
Cons: THE MOUSE MIGHT WIN

Old 03-13-2012, 02:21 PM   #63
Nanci
Quote:
Originally Posted by guagerage View Post
i'm the michael vick of cornsnakes for feeding him a live mouse.
Why do you want to feed live?

Old 03-13-2012, 02:21 PM   #64
beautifullywild77
I personally have never taken a video or picture of my snakes eating. I find no entertainment value in it at. I feed f/t but have fed live on occasion. I have a corn snake like Barry that doesnt have the feeding response needed. He eats it buttend or tries to go for it sideways. He just never got it.

No Michael Vick... but I would take what others are saying and think about it. Research more. I personaly just would never want to risk my snakes even if the risks are far and few between.

Old 03-13-2012, 02:24 PM   #65
Lyion
He took a video to show us how he ate and to see if he did anything wrong, not for entertainment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautifullywild77 View Post
I personally have never taken a video or picture of my snakes eating. I find no entertainment value in it at. I feed f/t but have fed live on occasion. I have a corn snake like Barry that doesnt have the feeding response needed. He eats it buttend or tries to go for it sideways. He just never got it.

No Michael Vick... but I would take what others are saying and think about it. Research more. I personaly just would never want to risk my snakes even if the risks are far and few between.

Old 03-13-2012, 02:24 PM   #66
Lyion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
Why do you want to feed live?
Nanci, all we can do now is educate him on how to make this safer.

Old 03-13-2012, 02:26 PM   #67
Shiari
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7legion77 View Post
Sounds like I am morally a Neanderthal then.
Nope. Neanderthal were human as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7legion77 View Post
Here's my pro/con list:
F/T:

Pros: Safe and humane!
Cons: Artificial!

Live:

Pros: Beautiful to watch! Psychosexual thrill!
Cons: THE MOUSE MIGHT WIN
You complain about 'artificial' feedings while your snakes live in wood, glass, or plastic boxes? There is not enough facepalm for this.

Cons: Your snake could die. But that's okay, because you find it exciting. Also, what happened to the 'reasoned' arguments, rather than emotional appeals?

Old 03-13-2012, 02:27 PM   #68
Farmgirl
you know, all my female corns strike at the head and coil to "kill" thier F/T prey. They even keep the coil long enough to kill the prey were it not already dead!!

My males (without exception, even the one who was fed live before coming home to me) are lazy eaters, they don't strike, they don't coil, they just slither up and grab the nearest end and start pulling it down!!

Old 03-13-2012, 02:29 PM   #69
guagerage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyion View Post
He took a video to show us how he ate and to see if he did anything wrong, not for entertainment.
you are right if he is doing it wrong people need to see it so i can go back to f/t instead of feeding him live!

Old 03-13-2012, 02:29 PM   #70
Lyion
Well then. Legion just showed the bad side of live feeders. The issue is, many people will think you are like him. The fact that he gets a sexual thrill from this is disgusting. There are responsible live feeders, and you guage are trying your best for your snake to get a good life out of this. But Legion gives us snake fans a bad name, and people got upset and angry at you because they thought you got that thrill from it.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google