CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

RI Treatment (How-to)

Old 04-21-2012, 09:16 PM   #101
Carinata
I'm not forcing my opinion on anyone. I'm simply suggesting that it's unsafe. I mean can anyone say going to a vet is a bad thing?

Old 04-21-2012, 09:18 PM   #102
beautifullywild77
Honestly, I don't think anyone including the OP has said going to the vet is a bad thing!

Old 04-21-2012, 09:20 PM   #103
Carinata
I'm not saying that. I'm saying, how can you say this is better over vet treatment. Same principal with co-habbing. How can you say it's better over singly housing.

Old 04-21-2012, 09:22 PM   #104
beautifullywild77
I don't think the OP has said this is a better treatment than going to the vet either

Old 04-21-2012, 09:24 PM   #105
Carinata
The OP never even acknowledged going to a vet..... I may be wrong though.

Old 04-21-2012, 09:25 PM   #106
beautifullywild77
Perhaps the OP should of titled the thread "My experience with a home remedy for treating an RI".

Old 04-21-2012, 09:59 PM   #107
Nanci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara80 View Post
When other people become inflammatory, they DO get chastised by the moderators. Just ask Beth.
Beth's like the expert on that!!

Old 04-22-2012, 11:21 AM   #108
starsevol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
Beth's like the expert on that!!
But she is a wicked slow learner! It's a wonder Nanci and Susan let me live!!!

Old 04-22-2012, 11:30 AM   #109
snakewispera snr
Back to the RI debate...
This came up on another forum and a zoologist came on saying why the oils in Eucalyptus/Vic/Menthol were extremely dangerous to a snake....
If I could be bothered to look for it, I would link it... If I stumble upon it later, I will link it..
To the OP.... Vic and boiling water is used over here a lot.. I could link you to a dozen threads about it's success/failure.. But never success after one treatment......
Was you snake going into blue by any chance.......

Old 04-24-2012, 08:10 PM   #110
Dakafall
Been super busy at work and haven't been able to respond (also email wasn't making me aware of any new post). Both snakes seem to have cleared up, neither acting lethargic or losing muscle but I have made an appointment with a vet for next week just to confirm this (also to make certain people who think I'm claiming a vet is unnecessary happy). While there I will ask her professional opinion on this treatment and see what she says (and if she can get me some F10 for cheaper lol). Neither snake is currently in blue, but I have made that mistake in the past on one of my snows lol.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google