CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Metal in a mouse...My Poor Festivus

Old 10-17-2008, 06:32 PM   #81
The_Thunderer
Know that you and Festivus are in my heart and thoughts. You've done a great job and will continue to do so. I know everything will be fine!

Old 10-17-2008, 06:45 PM   #82
Nanci
Quote:
Originally Posted by starsevol View Post
But if his throat hurts....

I know I hate eating when MY throat hurts, and I like food way too much....

He was eating every 5 days but he hasn't eaten now since the 5th...
It's nearly healed! If his throat hurts a little now, and he doesn't eat, it will be twice as healed in a week! He will not starve. And it's barely dusk! Not eating time, anyway.

Old 10-17-2008, 06:50 PM   #83
Rich in KY
Beth, Festivus is a healthy looking boy. It has not been that long since he last ate.

I think once he has healed, he appetite will return.

Old 10-17-2008, 06:52 PM   #84
starsevol
All I can do is go home and settle him back into his cage. But since he didn't eat, he's getting his meds tonight....

Funny how when something like this happens, all my sense goes out the window. I'm like a newbie, afraid everything I do is wrong....

Old 10-18-2008, 12:08 AM   #85
Jadie.Glitch
I totally understand... I know he'll make a great recovery ^_^. Just give him some time. Besides, they can go a LONG time without eating. Skipping a couple of feedings isn't going to hurt the big guy.

Oh and I'm glad you are giving him his meds. It's very important with antibiotics that you neither MISS a dose or QUIT TAKING them altogether. They work by slowly killing any infection and if you stop too soon then the infection just rebounds and gets stronger which would NOT be good... I know he has no infection now, but it's always something to look out for...

*hugs for you and Festivus*

He'll be his old self again soon, I'm sure of it ^_^.

Old 10-18-2008, 01:12 AM   #86
The_Thunderer
Jadie's right... antibiotics work only if you keep a certain level in the system. When that level goes down, the bacteria have a chance to "regroup" and it is like starting all over again... sometimes with more resistant bacteria present as well. My PCP told me that when I had a staph infection.

Old 10-18-2008, 07:12 AM   #87
starsevol
Thanks guys
Maybe I won't try to feed him again for the next 2 weeks (til the antibiotics are gone) or if I do, maybe snal a pinky in half so it's easier for him to digest....if he does eat....

I'm still fairly terrified, no sleep last night.
Aw well, at least HE seems comfortable!

Old 10-18-2008, 07:17 AM   #88
torsten
i hope he gets better soon and continues eating enthusiastically as he did before, my thoughts are with you.

Old 10-18-2008, 12:04 PM   #89
Jadie.Glitch
Is there a reason you don't want to do antibiotics AND a feed? Are you worried about a regurge? Or is it because you don't want to upset his stomach by wrestling him around to feed him the antibiotics while he's trying to digest?

Old 10-18-2008, 12:21 PM   #90
starsevol
Yes, regurge is what I'm worrird about.
It would totally (insert expletive here) to have him finally take food only to regurge.....

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google