CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

I am scared out of my wits right now....

Old 05-06-2009, 08:15 PM   #71
wade
Dave that is an interesting story, much of which might be filed under “Things people used to Believe”. As Nanci pointed out, it has been decided that it was not an intestinal blockage.

Gallstones are normal and everyone has them. They do not cause any problems unless they become lodged in the bile duct. The liver produces bile that is stored in the gallbladder. The bile is released through the bile duct into the small intestines. It’s function is to help neutralize acids in the food we eat and also to help digest fat. By overdosing on acid and fat (lemon juice and olive oil) you caused your gallbladder to regurgitate it’s contents. To dump any microscopic stones you may have doesn’t really accomplish anything except to entertain very strange people. Only stones big enough to become lodged and cause a blockage are of any concern.

But the real reason I posted was simple to make an observation. A person who puts cheese cloth across the toilet bowl so he can catch and then spend the afternoon examining what comes out (cataloging as he goes) is just plain sick and wrong. You need help son, and not from a gastroenterologist.

Old 05-06-2009, 08:37 PM   #72
TripleMoonsExotic
Ewwwwww...

Old 05-06-2009, 08:49 PM   #73
Nanci
I've actually heard of what Dave speaks of. You don't want to lose your gallbladder, because within a couple years you have the same symptoms, anyway. I've looked into that, just never drank the oil, because fortunately taking prescription antacids relieved 90% of the pain.

Old 05-06-2009, 08:56 PM   #74
wade
Yea, but Nanci, cheese cloth??? I think TME said it all very well.

Old 05-06-2009, 09:13 PM   #75
JoannaD
It's a HIDA Scan not a LIDA Scan.

You do not get diabetes from having your gall bladder removed.

Stones do not cause your bowels or appendix to swell.

And since the snake in question was eating, not regurging and passing stools there is no significant blockage that would cause that amount of swelling.

Good luck with your snake Beth.

Old 05-06-2009, 10:07 PM   #76
dave partington
The lemon juice is a natural acid. It breaks down the calcium. The oil acts as a lubricant to make it pass quickly. I did not have Intestinal Blockage, I had blockage caused by Inflamation Elsewhere, and the cause was NOT from what I had intentionally consumed. It was caused by built up foreign material my body could not metabolize. Anti-Acids neutralize the acids in the stomach. This causes the human body to create an overload of acids, and thus digest the food humans have eaten. Acids are necessary to metabloize and break down foods in the digestive tract. If not enough acids are present, then one feels pain. An alternative to taking anti-acid medications is to consume 2 tablespoons of vinegar. Vinegar is acidic and often accomplishes the same results as Western medication 'antacid'. Usually the results happen within 20 minutes. 3 tablespoons of vinegar is far less costly and distructive to one's liver than Western prescriptions, however, most Westerners are too freaked out by a little discomfort and instead prefer to seek help from a medical professional whom gets bonus points and kickbacks from pharmeceutical companies. By LAW, they are only allowed to Prescribe Medicines. Not holistic nor natural cures. The Hidascan Lidascan, whatever, person doing the test told me he did the same thing, and cured himself for $40.00 (he used a more expensive kind of cold pressed olive oil, felt he was worth it)
Because he is not a doctor, he was able to tell me this with immunity.
Once again, we seem to be getting off-track here.
"What can a snake ingest to help it pass a blockage"? seems to be the original question which was asked. Please, let's keep this about the snake. Thank you in advance for any help in regards to that matter.
warm regards, dave

The snake is blocked up.

Old 05-06-2009, 10:11 PM   #77
dave partington
Quote:
Originally Posted by jodu View Post

You do not get diabetes from having your gall bladder removed.
Google would disagree.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&e...abetes&spell=1

Old 05-06-2009, 11:20 PM   #78
wade
Oh Dave, I’m starting to like you more. If you will allow, I would like to break your last post into a few pieces. Like a line item veto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davesfiles View Post
The lemon juice is a natural acid. It breaks down the calcium. The oil acts as a lubricant to make it pass quickly. I did not have Intestinal Blockage, I had blockage caused by Inflamation Elsewhere,
You said your problem was gallstones. What you put into your mouth does not go into your gallbladder. In fact the only thing that goes into your bladder is bile, produced by your liver. Gallstones are crystalized bile, not calcium. The lemon juice has no calcium to break down, the oil is in your bowel, lubricating poop.

Quote:
and the cause was NOT from what I had intentionally consumed. It was caused by built up foreign material my body could not metabolize
The medical term for material that your body cannot metabolize is poop.

Quote:
Anti-Acids neutralize the acids in the stomach. This causes the human body to create an overload of acids, and thus digest the food humans have eaten. Acids are necessary to metabloize and break down foods in the digestive tract. If not enough acids are present, then one feels pain.
Anti-Acids are typically taken for people with Reflux Disease. This is caused by the sphincter at the top of the stomach not closing completely and allowing acid to enter the esophagus. The pain one feels is their esophagus being digested. Hydrochloric Acid breaks down the food in the stomach. Once the food enters the duodenum it is mixed with bile which neutralizes the acids.

Quote:
An alternative to taking anti-acid medications is to consume 2 tablespoons of vinegar. Vinegar is acidic and often accomplishes the same results as Western medication 'antacid'. Usually the results happen within 20 minutes. 3 tablespoons of vinegar is far less costly and distructive to one's liver than Western prescriptions,
Vinegar, acidic acid, is such a weak acid, if you were to put a cucumber in it and let it soak for a month, you would get a pickle. Vinegar is not going to digest anything.

Quote:
most Westerners are too freaked out by a little discomfort and instead prefer to seek help from a medical professional whom gets bonus points and kickbacks from pharmeceutical companies. By LAW, they are only allowed to Prescribe Medicines. Not holistic nor natural cures.
My brother is a drug dealer. He sells pharmaceuticals to doctors. It is his job to get doctors to prescribe the drugs his company makes. He is so heavily regulated to prevent what you imply, he can’t even take a doctor to lunch. He can give note pads and pens to the office but he can not give anything of monitory value to the Doctor.

Are you nuts? You mean to say that a doctor can only prescribe pills and cannot tell me to eat a healthy diet and to exercise daily. You mean that he can’t tell a diabetic to avoid sugar and starchy foods. He can’t tell a fat guy to eat more fruit and vegetables. What is the weather like on your planet?

Quote:
The Hidascan Lidascan, whatever, person doing the test told me he did the same thing, and cured himself for $40.00 (he used a more expensive kind of cold pressed olive oil, felt he was worth it)
Because he is not a doctor, he was able to tell me this with immunity.
So the Lida scan guy was practicing medicine without a license. And you decided to take the advice of a person with no education instead of the Doctors advice.

Quote:
Once again, we seem to be getting off-track here.
"What can a snake ingest to help it pass a blockage"? seems to be the original question which was asked.

The snake is blocked up.
No actually nobody asked that question, you just started spouting answers. And No, the snake is not blocked up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davesfiles View Post
Actually, goggle does not agree nor disagree. It simply links you to information no matter how foolish. Ask foolish questions and get foolish answers.

Old 05-07-2009, 12:13 PM   #79
Hallie
'You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to wade again.'

Beth, I'm glad Keeper is okay and I hope she continues to stay healthy!

Old 05-07-2009, 12:16 PM   #80
starsevol
She doesn't LOOK ok....and hasn't eaten in 2 weeks, but she's alert and active and her sweet lil' self

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google