CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

I am scared out of my wits right now....

Old 05-07-2009, 12:19 PM   #81
Hallie
Hopefully whatever the 'swelling' is will subside on its own. At least she's comfortable and happy. I do hope she eats soon.

Old 05-07-2009, 12:19 PM   #82
wade
But you have her back home with you? I hope this all turns out to be bacterial and is solved soon. Good luck Beth. You deserve a break.

Old 05-07-2009, 12:24 PM   #83
starsevol
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade View Post
But you have her back home with you? I hope this all turns out to be bacterial and is solved soon. Good luck Beth. You deserve a break.
She stayed the night at my friend Karen's, because I had to go somewhere immediately after work and didn't get home til late.

But I am getting her back today.

(((Wade)))

Old 05-07-2009, 12:37 PM   #84
cornate
Id really like to know what happened? Did you decide on the vet? Any changes??

Old 05-08-2009, 09:47 AM   #85
starsevol
So Keeper came home last night. I gave her her antibiotics (I thought the vet said she would put her on amoxicillian, but Keeper came home with endroflaxin).
This morning, when I went to medicate her, the ENTIRE cage looks like someone has dripped white paint in it. Keeper was not in her hide, but under the papers (unlike her), and even her body had this weird white stuff on it. I'm thinking the antibiotics are affecting her. She seems alert, still.

The lump is still there.

(Thank you Nanci, I am using the IV tubing you sent. Makes things go MUCH easier...)

Old 05-08-2009, 10:28 AM   #86
Nanci
Aw- now you know what I deal with every day at work! Poor baby!!! (We always tell the parents- what goes in white comes out white!)

Old 05-08-2009, 10:33 AM   #87
starsevol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
Aw- now you know what I deal with every day at work! Poor baby!!! (We always tell the parents- what goes in white comes out white!)
*HUGE sigh of relief*!

Old 05-08-2009, 10:37 AM   #88
Nanci
(It's the barium that the vet used for the "follow-through" that is getting pooped out now. It goes through completely unabsorbed, undigested).

Old 05-08-2009, 10:39 AM   #89
starsevol
Thank you, Nanci

Old 05-08-2009, 10:41 AM   #90
wade
As a person who has had bowel problems all my life, I could tell you a great deal about barium and the “white in white out" syndrome. But I won’t.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google