• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Stinking goddess Pictures

Carinata

Ever Evolving Exotics
Well I used the name eric uses LOL. Anyway I have a bone to pick wiht some of the people here LOL JK. Not really but a member told me "let her settle in then she will show her true colors" Well after 3 weeks she has been the sweetest snake ever only occasionally rattleing her tail (she did it once) I took some more nice pics of her!

005-11.jpg

006-9.jpg

007-9.jpg

008-9.jpg

009-9.jpg

010-9.jpg

011-10.jpg

Not done yet

016-10.jpg

Nice pics..makes me almost curious to get one..lol...but I think I'll hold off on this one...lol...She looks really nice..I love her eyes :0)

They are pretty hard to come by as soon as they are born they are snatched up! I love mine

Jasmine is very pretty, David! She looks like a sweet snake. I love how her scales over her eyes make her look scowly.

she IS cute!! I HAVE NO desire for one but she is REALLLY cute I love "mean" looking little snakes *giggle*

Do ya'll think I am crazy or is her pattern very similar to a trinket?! Not her color just the pattern.

she IS cute!! I HAVE NO desire for one but she is REALLLY cute I love "mean" looking little snakes *giggle*

Do ya'll think I am crazy or is her pattern very similar to a trinket?! Not her color just the pattern.

Wel they used to be in the same genus as Trinkets as did every other rat snake the genus Elaphe, but in 2006 they were separated all rat snakes got reclassification.
Trinkets went to the same family as radiated rat snake. Coelognathus helena is the new name it used to be elaphe helena.
King rat snakes stayed in elaphe as Elaphe Carinata but in the wild king rat snakes far prefer a Snake or large lizard over mammals or birds, but there are records of king rats taking Turtles......yes I said turtles:dancer:

Why you calling me out, David? You know I am the one that said give her a few weeks to settle in...it even looks like you pulled the quote directly out of my post.

And you KNOW that it was and still is a valid statement. Just because your one, solitary, individual snake is gentle right now, does not in any way, shape, or form invalidate any of the advice you were given or any of the warnings that were issued. What I said, and what many others said, about the species is valid and true.

So...you got a sweety. Good for you. Congratulations. It doesn't mean I or anyone else was wrong...it means you got lucky, and there is a huge difference.

Careful...before your arrogance starts to show through again. There is no reason to constantly and continually throw things in people's faces as if we were wrong. We were not wrong. We are and were every bit justified in the warnings and tips we offered. Just because your snake is working out wonderfully does not change those facts...

I was not quoting you exactally....I was joking thats what JK means.(Just Kidding). Anyway I am not saying you are wrong but you assured me that she would be aggressive and even after I asked the breeder about it she sadi in all the years she has worked with them WC are the aggressive ones and the CB are great. I was joking around with 'yall. What want to know is what experience you have with King rat Snakes? I know they are pretty rare in captivity most of the time. I am not saying all king rats are nice, I have seen pissy ones at shows. But mabye I got lucky. Mabye my docile king rat is like the aggressive corn or ball python. LOL. I was just kiddin around Chris...it is April fools day after all....as Nanci reminded me! LOL

She is really beautiful David :)
As for the whole thing about bringing up past posts about warnings you where issued. You should just let it die, theres no need to prove someone wrong. If she never acts in a mean manner, then thats great, and you where lucky to get a nice snake in a species that is normally not so friendly. The advice and warnings you where given where fair, accept them and move forward. No need to bring it up.

I was on the ill-informed bandwagon suggesting you wait on this species. I was clearly wrong. Since yours is nice now, it will probably always be. And every other individual of this species must be easy to handle too. Wow, do I feel dumb today.

well it all depend on the breeder. I got mine from a small breeder who has time with her animals. Don't feel dumb. Who knows she may change there is always that chance but I gently handle her all the time so she is docile

I must admit though, seeing your pics of her has made me think to myself.. Oooh I need one of those.. ;) But I have to remind myself that I don't NEED every snake that I think is beautiful.
Chris does have good input on things. I was determined to get a lyre snake and breed them but he let me know that they arent that easy to take care of. So I am giving it a second thought. DO I really have the time for a snake that needs more than the ones I have now.. And honestly I don't.. So I guess I will just be happy if I get to see and handle them in the field. I am sure that his advice to you was just the same as his advise to me, just letting you know what you may have to put up with in the future.

I know what I have to look forward to, but I have to say that the people I talked to face-to-face I take more serioulsy than someone on the internet no matter how smart they are. It is just a pet peeve of mine

I know what I have to look forward to, but I have to say that the people I talked to face-to-face I take more serioulsy than someone on the internet no matter how smart they are. It is just a pet peeve of mine

I can't say that I blame you, to be honest. I have some friends near me that I always talk to first when I have a question or an issue. I know them better, have seen them with animals, and have dealt with their animals, so I trust them. But I don't discount what someone says to me on the internet, unless I know it to be blatantly false. If I question it...I research it. If everything I find in researching tends to agree with what the person says, but my local friends say something different...I'm liable to go with what I researched and heard elsewhere.

Nobody knows everything. People make mistakes. And some people think they know more than they do.

In regards to this king rat...nobody ever said that you absolutely, definitely, without a doubt would end up with an aggressive snake that you can't handle. What was said is that this is a species generally regarded as aggressive, and typically reserved for experienced and advanced keepers...which many of us felt did not include you.

Many people get retics or burms for their first snake. Is this a good idea? No. Never, under any circumstances, do I believe that a 'tic or burm make a good "first snake" for any person. But it can be done successfully. Many people have done it, wuite well, and many more will, I am sure. It doesn't mean that people advising against it are wrong. It means the other person has made good choices in research and care of the animal. But the intial warnings and advice are every bit as valid as they were at the time.

I won't pat you on the back and congratulate you for the work you're doing with the king rat, because I STILL believe that you would have been better off waiting a few more years before getting this snake. It doesn't matter if she is sweet, and it doesn't matter if you do well with her, and have her until death do you part. My opinion is still valid, and based on sound evidence and reasoning.

Just because you and this snake are an exception does NOT invalidate the rule. In other words....one good experience with a docile king rat does not mean that every experience with every king rat will be the same, nor does it even remotely imply that your experience with this snake is typical. It is not. You got lucky. Good for you. Congratulations, enjoy your new snake, and let it go. Stop trying to prove people wrong, because nobody was wrong. Our advice and tips were reasonable and based on species-related evidence. They are STILL reasonable and sound bits of advice, regardless of your individual experience with this individual snake...

in regards to the king rat snake I did 3 years of reasearch and talked to various people that OWN THEM NOW. I have worked with some mean specimins and some aggessive

But the fact of the matter is that I would rather have one expert tell me something in person than 10 interweb people. Look at irwin he started with a 16 foot scrub python

Back