CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

Temperature and Lighting

Old 01-21-2018, 06:18 PM   #1
Mushu
Question Temperature and Lighting

I've been trying to figure out how to set up the lighting for Mushu's terrarium. I have a top screen 20L Gallon Zilla Critter Cage Terrarium and I know he needs a red light and a day light but do I need more than two lights or will those work? Also my apartment's thermostat is set at 70 Degrees and I was wondering if that is an OK constant temp for corns or do I need to raise the thermostat?

Old 01-21-2018, 07:56 PM   #2
Karl_Mcknight
I've never used a red light. Not sure why some folks want those. I use normal room light during the day on a 12 hour timer. 12 hours on, 12 hours off. He gets 12 hours of room light during the daytime, and 12 hours of total darkness to simulate night.

70 degrees is ok for the cool side temp but you still need 82 to 88 (85 optimum) on the other side.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google