CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

New Member Introductions Getting more and more new members here, so I think we need a forum for them to introduce themselves. You old timers can do the same, if you would like.

Not new but feel like it

Old 07-05-2018, 09:25 AM   #1
waldo
Not new but feel like it

Hello everyone. I'm definitely not new to snake or the site but I'm feeling like a newbie at the moment.
My first corn snake ever passed away last year and I've been on the lookout for another.

I had basically given up on the idea of another when I came across a add for a normal on craigslist.
The pictures are bad and it going blue so I really don't know what the body condition is. It seems to be kept properly, heat, aspen, a big cage, etc.. so I'm hopeful.

I was told its about 2 feet but judging from the pics and the size of the cage its in, I would guess its quite a lot bigger. Its a normal and they call it he but I doubt they really know for sure.

I pick him up today at 11. I have a nice roomy 75 gallon for him. The only thing I'm a bit worried about is they feed live and all I can get is frozen. I'm hoping he will switch without any difficulty.

I'm really excited, it been so weird not having a snake in the house. Pandora had been with me for 11 years.

Old 07-05-2018, 10:13 AM   #2
Patmart
Good luck with your new snake
Pat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 07-05-2018, 04:08 PM   #3
waldo
My baby is home He seems to be in pretty good shape, could do with a little weight but otherwise is ok.

Not sure on age, they had him two year and he "has gotten bigger" since they got him. Didn't get a good answer on his size when they got him, just that he wasn't a little baby. He is probably around 3 feet but seems small girth wise.

The kid who owned him was afraid to feed bigger food. Hes been on pinky and hopper mice or occasionally fuzzy rats. I picked up some medium frozen mice. I think he could take bigger but I'll work him up to that.

Off to get some pics and length/weight

Old 07-05-2018, 05:54 PM   #4
MysticExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by waldo View Post
My baby is home He seems to be in pretty good shape, could do with a little weight but otherwise is ok.

Not sure on age, they had him two year and he "has gotten bigger" since they got him. Didn't get a good answer on his size when they got him, just that he wasn't a little baby. He is probably around 3 feet but seems small girth wise.

The kid who owned him was afraid to feed bigger food. Hes been on pinky and hopper mice or occasionally fuzzy rats. I picked up some medium frozen mice. I think he could take bigger but I'll work him up to that.

Off to get some pics and length/weight
Smaller meals is likely why he looks undersized to you. I've seen it happen a few times.

I'd start with mice a little bigger than what he's used to. Don't jump up to adult mice yet, work up to an adult sized mouse over a few feedings.

You can feed him every 5 or six days for now. while you're feeding the smaller prey, working up to adult sized mouse.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google