CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

My cornsnake laid eggs that have embryos

Old 06-25-2018, 07:27 PM   #1
Lyndeena
My cornsnake laid eggs that have embryos

My daughter's corn snake, Vladich, (crazy name for a three year old to choose) laid what appear to be viable eggs. She's never been mated. We've had her for 5 years. Is it possible for corn snakes to fertilize their own eggs?

Old 06-26-2018, 04:13 PM   #2
Twolunger
If you search this forum for parthenogenesis you will find some discussions regarding the possibility of viable eggs produced by females that were never with a male. While it isn't technically fertilization, it appears to be possible for a female to produce viable eggs. I have never had it happen in all my years with snakes, but I'd sure incubate those eggs to see what happens.

Old 06-27-2018, 02:12 PM   #3
Nanci
How do you know the eggs have embryos?

Old 07-03-2018, 07:35 PM   #4
DennisP
Wow! If these eggs are viable and hatch, document it!
Parthenogenesis in Corn snakes would be amazing.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google