CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

USARK & Python ban

Old 05-10-2010, 10:05 AM   #1
Hypancistrus
Exclamation USARK & Python ban

I haven't seen any postings on this yet, and it's pretty important.

http://www.kill-rulechange.com/

There is a comment period going on now. We have until May 11th to put forth our comments. Remember that one of the snakes on here is Boa constrictor, and a lot of people here own at least one boa constrictor. This proposed rule change would make it illegal to transport your boa with you should you decide to leave the state. I.e. when Tara and I move to Virginia in two years, it would be a felony for us to take Carlos and Leonard with us.

Please take time out of your day to comment. You know the HSUS supporters and animal rights nuts are doing so... it's very important for our voices to be heard.

Edit: For most of us this is geared towards people breeding boas, but I think all of us could comment on the need for eradication of these species in our states. Unless you live in South Florida, there is zero need or risk because there is no evidence these particular species can survive in any other place in the US.

Old 05-10-2010, 02:45 PM   #2
kathylove
Yes - it is important. Bill and I sent in our comments some time ago, but I believe the time is almost up (although they were talking about a possible extension).

Don't think that because you don't keep the species mentioned that it doesn't affect you. This has been pushed by the radical humaniac organizations as a "foot in the door". Doesn't matter that there is not good science or logic behind it - it furthers their agenda of ending the reptile trade. So be prepared for the next attack once this one is won by them. There is no appeasement, and no end, until our hobby and industry is exterminated.

Old 05-10-2010, 03:51 PM   #3
HERETiC
As a boa owner, this concerns me greatly. I filled out my comment a while ago.

Old 05-10-2010, 03:54 PM   #4
PJ@PJCReptiles
I did mine as well!!

Old 05-10-2010, 04:08 PM   #5
Nanci
I posted that easy fill in the blank one a couple days ago.

Old 05-10-2010, 04:46 PM   #6
wendhend
I got mine sent in. This little form is so easy to complete:

http://www.regulations.gov/search/Re...00006480abc25c

The deadline is tomorrow (5/11). There is power in numbers. Please take a few minutes to check out the USARK public comment recommendations (on Lauren's link) and send in your own comments ASAP.

Old 05-12-2010, 11:30 AM   #7
HERETiC
Exclamation

The deadline was 5/11, but the time to comment has been extended by 30 days! The comments will open back up later this week, so if you haven't filled it out, do it this time around!!!!

http://www.kill-rulechange.com/

Here is a quote:

Quote:
Never before has a listing of this nature been proposed for animals that are so widely held by the American public. The implications for ball pythons, leopard geckos and bearded dragons are ominous. Anyone who thinks this was about big snakes is dead wrong. This is about the ideology of powerful special interest groups, and an attempt to misuse the Lacey Act to end the ownership of all non-native animals in the United States. The nine constrictors are just a test balloon. The rule making process will begin in June to list ALL amphibians. Ornamental fish will not be far behind.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google