• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Scaless

I take it by what I highlighted that you DO have all the necassary documentation and data to back that up and will present it to us?? :shrugs:

Walter
:crazy02:BOUT' CORNS !!

I have never seen intentional imposter snakes that came with their own documentation from the hybridizer..LOL! :rolleyes:

I'm not sure whatever happened to them, but Dr. Bechtel had scaleless Texas rat snakes back in the early to mid '80s. I've got pictures around here somewhere that I took of them when visiting with Dr. Bechtel back then.

So that particular genetic stock has been around for quite a while.

Walter the ones in Daytona were BEAUTIFUL!

They had a great selection of morphs and every animals was bright and amazing. I think Nanci took my picture holding one, I can't remember, I'm funny about photos.

The guys that produced them were very sweet and wonderful to talk with. Very open and welcoming to questions.

Walter the ones in Daytona were BEAUTIFUL!

They had a great selection of morphs and every animals was bright and amazing. I think Nanci took my picture holding one, I can't remember, I'm funny about photos.

The guys that produced them were very sweet and wonderful to talk with. Very open and welcoming to questions.

Hi Autumn,
I saw the pics. that Tomy posted before the actual show of what they would have there. I really got bummed I couldn't make it. I really wanted to go and see them...........and possibly bring some home.

Maybe this year I can make the trip and hope they are there again.

Walter
:crazy02:BOUT' CORNS !!

By all accounts, they will be there next year. You could say they did very well at Daytona.

Thanks for the information fellas. I did some quick searching myself trying to figure out if my memory was slipping or what... looks like it was. akonitony01-03-2011, 09:53 PM
The eyes look like a texas rat might of had it's way somewhere.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KelliH01-03-2011, 11:46 PM
I tend to agree with you BUT I would hope that if that were the case (Texas Rat/corn crosses) it would be disclosed in the ad.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BHB Reptiles01-04-2011, 12:16 AM
The original Scaleless came from an Emory x Cornsnake, which were both normal. It has since been bred back to normal Corns and a few Morphs.
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-217528.html

This is why I am glad there is a forum like this where people can learn from one another and share information freely without fear of reprisal.

There are no eye scales. Look at a scaleless viper's eyes, same bug eyed look.

So if you use a different kind scaleless rat to cross how does that affect the offspring?

It affects the offspring (and many unsuspecting buyers/breeders) by them no longer being the very specific type of snake that they are always sold as. In short....."mutts" sold as an authentic genuine type of species/subspecies. Then the future buyers of these crossed snakes inevitably produce more mutt crosses and also label and sell them as very specific types as well, when in fact they are not at all. Scaleless snakes are even easier to purposely and accidentally misrepresent than their normal looking counterparts because the typical features are far less distinguishable. I've noticed that scaleless "Yellow" rats and "Everglades" rats sort of just magically appear without any traceable origins to the source to where they FIRST appear from. They just seem to magically show up for sale on someone's table one year out of thin air and called whatever they might seem to best represent at the time. You can easily take a scaleless Texas Rat (which have been around for many years now) and cross it into normal Yellow Rats, Black Rats, Gray Rats, and other similar types and create phenotypic offspring that could easily be passed-off as "authentic" subspecies in very short order. This sort of thing is done all the time with all sorts of different snakes. Whether it's done on absolute purpose or inadvertently, the results are always the same though.....................

Back