• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Weekend plans

mbdorfer

Well, since I'm looking at a 4 day weekend, I thought I might try kayaking. :crazy02:

Last edited:
mbdorfer said:
Well, since I'm looking at a 4 day weekend, I thought I might try kayaking. :crazy02:
I think I read on snopes.com that that photo is the real deal. That can't be a good feeling for the guy in the kayak. I think I'd be paddling a whole lot faster than it looks like he's doing...

I actually have all next week off. Tuesday I will be taking delivery of (I have to be sitting down to write this, $300 more than planned!!) nearly $500 of tortoise pen lumber. I am building them a 16x16 foot pen out of 4x4's. They will be so relieved to be outside, and I can't wait to get them out of the house!

Choco will then move up to their 40 breeder. Then who should get Choco's 20L? Addy, the climbing adventurer, or Zee the growing monster snake, who is so big for his hide it just sits comically on top of him, with him bulging out every side, but I can't fit a bigger hide in there...

Monday I will be taking a firearm safety class, and then target shooting. Is Rich Z. ever right when he says how humbling it is to start something new that you know nothing about. I don't even have the vocabulary to talk about anything, much less carry on a conversation. When I went to buy "ammo," is that the right word? I had to resort to pulling out a business card with some stuff written on it "Oh, the guy at the (competing) gun shop said to buy this, and this guy (on the card) will be showing me what to do with it." Talk about feeling like an absolute imbecile...

Also planned is planting/decorating the boxie pen with shady plants and grasses, now that I have decided I like where they are as a permanent location, and hopefully even installing a tiny pond.

And the fun for tonight will be mowing as much as I can of five acres, at $15 a tank of lawn mower gas...It seems like not so long ago it cost that much to fill up my truck!

That's my fun-filled holiday weekend.

Nanci

Roy Munson said:
I think I read on snopes.com that that photo is the real deal. That can't be a good feeling for the guy in the kayak. I think I'd be paddling a whole lot faster than it looks like he's doing...

But what if the paddling makes you seem more like a distressed sea lion??

Nanci

Oh, an't that cute. His water "dog" is following him. :sidestep:

After my shark scare I stay out of the "Big Blue".

:crazy02: :crazy02: :crazy02:

If that is a real picture I can guarantee you that he left himself a little present in his pants. :sidestep: This is why I like to stay close to land and out of the saltwater. As for this weekend PJ and I are going on a long deserved first major ride (Harley) of the season. We will be traveling through western Maine and around the White Mountains of New Hampshire. Of course we will be bringing our camera so when we stop along the way we can try to find any living herp, or dead for that matter, that we can take a photo of. If we do you know we will be more then willing to share. This was a good post Mike and as for Kayaking like that, YOU CAN HAVE IT.
Jay :cool:

LOL I started the weekend off right by cleaning my Herp room and cleaning cages. Lets just say, I am very tired right now. :eek1:

I'm a lifeguard, so Memorial Day weekend isn't exactly a "break" time for me. This weekend and the weekend closest to July 4th are the two biggest weekends of the year. Today, we had two lifeguards get wet (e.g. jump in to perform a rescue). Both were cases where a parent thought their kid was holding on to the edge, and then they got distracted and the kid slips under.

Shark-infested waters vs. little kids drowning... tough call. At least the 20ft long tiger shark can swim. :sidestep:

BTW, both kids are completely fine. A little freaked out, but they were out of the water pretty fast. Neither of them needed EMS or anything.

Back