CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > DIY Projects
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

DIY Projects Use this forum to post threads related to home made projects for your corns... Vivariums, hides, decorations, accessories, you name it. Anything to save some bucks or give your personalized touch.

Maybe overdid it...

Old 10-23-2015, 04:00 PM   #41
Jitt
What about Opheodrys Aestivus? It's supposed to be some kind of "cornsnake" (not sure if that name is as extensive as the one we use in czech for this kind of snakes) and it's pretty and green ... very arboreal too, spending tons of time tangled in the branches, but not really "handling friendly" as I read they are pretty bitting prone ...

No idea if it would be suitable for your viv technical setup, but it's pretty and green and would go awesomely well with the "avatar-like" theme I think

Old 10-23-2015, 04:11 PM   #42
MysticExotics
Rough Green Snakes are not a type of Cornsnake, and from what I have heard, can be a bit difficult to get to thrive.

It is not one I would recommend.

Old 10-23-2015, 04:25 PM   #43
Jitt
MysticExotics: I was struggling with translation as english is not my native language ... we have a name for all kinds of these snakes which I'm finding hard to translate. Maybe the latin group name "Colubridae" can shield them all ... google spit out "grass snake" on me though.

Don't know much at all about the snake I posted, but tried to go with the desired description

Old 10-23-2015, 05:42 PM   #44
Dragonling
Tree snake is probably the most accurate term. They're arboreal, though they can hide pretty well in green grasses also. I was actually considering a rough green for my first snake before I discovered the colorful world of corns. I would still love to have one, but I don't really want to mess with feeder crickets right now lol. They are fairly hesitant to bite, but even if you get a feisty one they're so tiny they can't do much damage anyway. I'm told they are highly prone to musking though. With regular handling they can calm down a fair amount, but no where near the degree of corn snakes.

Old 12-01-2015, 03:23 AM   #45
Falcj
Those are beautiful!!! I would be nterested in making one for my little guy once he is large enough that I move him to his big boy viv.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google