CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > DIY Projects
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

DIY Projects Use this forum to post threads related to home made projects for your corns... Vivariums, hides, decorations, accessories, you name it. Anything to save some bucks or give your personalized touch.

Show off your vivarium

Old 09-06-2011, 10:03 PM   #91
thelivingoddity
Dangerous woods?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarpphireEnigma View Post
do you have any trees in your yard/ friends etc? what are they called? youd be surprised how many different trees can be used safely- i live where there is jacaranda trees, and they are wonderful-and in my front yard!
I thought that Cedar and Pine were the only trees to be wary of-- does anyone know of any others that could be harmful?

Thanks!!

Old 09-08-2011, 11:14 AM   #92
jmichael
so here is the new cage I finished for Harley. My wife said she wanted a cabinet for the spare bedroom, so I combined the two projects. I think I might have went a little overboard (haha) but he sure does love it. He hangs out on the shelves a lot more than on the bottom, but then again, he's always been wierd. haha!

Old 09-08-2011, 01:10 PM   #93
AliCat37
WHOA! I'm jealous. That is the most awesome viv I've seen in quite a while.

Old 09-09-2011, 07:14 AM   #94
AdamKus
Thats... AMAZING! Good work, Im also jelaous!

Old 09-09-2011, 08:57 AM   #95
jmichael
Thanks. My Dad & I both build furniture as a hobby, so I had a little bit of an unfair advantage. haha

Old 09-15-2011, 03:10 PM   #96
hypnoctopus
My vivarium is not nearly as nice as many of yours, but I recently decided to add some fake vines to 'green up' my otherwise plain tank. Wilma, my two-month old corn snake, is usually only out of her hides at night, but literally minutes after I put the new vines in, she's out roaming and climbing mid-day. I didn't realize how much she would 'enjoy' them. Here's a picture of the vivarium before I added any green; functional but boring:

And here's a picture after. Can you spot her?

Old 09-15-2011, 03:21 PM   #97
AdamKus
Oh my god I was wtf, looks the same as my snake + the same deco and Ive got the same hide in another viv which has again the same snake and one tank is like the same lol Nice pics

Old 09-15-2011, 09:10 PM   #98
hetfeildfan
nice work.

Old 09-16-2011, 02:47 AM   #99
helifreak
I don't know if I deserve to be in this thread yet - as my snakies are not yet living in their new home - I am still trying to achieve optimal conditions, but I am indeed in the process of working on a naturalistic vivarium - with the ultimate goal being to obtain a BSS (Bioactive Substrate System) - as well as an optimal naturalistic stimula for the snakies - i.e., morning basking light + afternoon basking light + plenty of hides + plenty of climbing areas + a ferris wheel... ok, maybe not a ferris wheel.

My WIP (work in progress) thread can be found here.

Old 09-17-2011, 08:23 PM   #100
Sayjoo13
The picture makes it look small, but its a 20gallon long. Thought I'd add my viv to this since I just finished putting in some extra vines and leaves. I'm hoping that Sonya will feel more secure with all these extra "hiding areas" and will come out at times, instead of being in her hides constantly. Though, the other day (before I added the extra vines/leaves) I woke up to find her humidity guage on the floor, and a few fake plants moved, and the digital thermometer crooked on its suction cup. Guess she'd been out while I was asleep x] The only problem with these vines is that now I have to look at the digital thermometer from the side of the viv because its impossible to see from the front lol I can still see the humidity guage from the front though x]

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google