CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > DIY Projects
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

DIY Projects Use this forum to post threads related to home made projects for your corns... Vivariums, hides, decorations, accessories, you name it. Anything to save some bucks or give your personalized touch.

Snake Hide Ideas?

Old 01-07-2012, 10:00 PM   #11
CornyApollo
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggysMom View Post
I have snakes with several types of "alternative" hides. Small packaging boxes, mostly from food stuff. The cardboard type material triangular corner protectors from glass tanks. Plastic flower pots and bowels with small doors scissored out, both from the local $1 store. Generally I find the snakes like things that look to me to be one or two sizes too small.
Just look for something made from a material you can modify if you need / want to and that you are willing to look at.
I think I'll try the plastic flowerpot idea. I was worried a terra cotta flower pot might crack it I tried modifying it, but a plastic one would be perfect. Also, I can stick fake flowers in the top. Thanks!

Old 01-07-2012, 10:33 PM   #12
Drizzt80
I use rubbermaid drawer organizers with a 2 inch hole drilled in the bottom (top).

D80

Old 01-08-2012, 05:48 PM   #13
CornyApollo
Great idea, Drizzt! Thanks!

Old 01-16-2012, 12:39 PM   #14
knox

Old 01-16-2012, 01:35 PM   #15
Alaya
Knox. Thanks for the video, that is a really good idea. I would make some, but its 25 below zero outside and i don't want to spray inside. I will certainly keep it in mind for the future.

For now I am using Dritzzt80's suggestion, I really like how easy they are to clean. Maybe I will just spray those in the spring.

Old 01-16-2012, 01:37 PM   #16
knox
Thanks. I like those as well.

Old 01-16-2012, 05:38 PM   #17
CornyApollo
Knox, those look fabulous! Thanks for sharing the video.
I will definitely be using those of I go for a natural look.

Old 01-16-2012, 05:42 PM   #18
knox
Happy to share. I appreciate the kind response.

Old 01-16-2012, 07:42 PM   #19
CornyApollo
I was wondering what substrate you are using in your videos. It looks like oats. Can you elaborate? Also, why did you choose that substrate?

We use Aspen and Cedar chips for our snakes, but I'm always looking for alternatives.

Old 01-16-2012, 07:58 PM   #20
knox
Cedar can cause respiratory infections - just throwing that out there.

I use Sani Chips. It is Aspen that has been cut down to tiny squares.

Here ya go:

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google