CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > DIY Projects
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

DIY Projects Use this forum to post threads related to home made projects for your corns... Vivariums, hides, decorations, accessories, you name it. Anything to save some bucks or give your personalized touch.

Cheap/favorite hide ideas anyone?

Old 11-24-2014, 08:06 AM   #11
HVani
Cereal boxes and shoe boxes for my adults. The babies like toilet paper rolls and the boxes my kuerig cups come in.

Old 11-26-2014, 02:04 PM   #12
ZiggysMom
I have found that my juvenile snakes like the thin boxes that heat and eat Indian food comes in. As other s have said a lot of snake can fit in a small space some almost any small size will work.

I have also occasionally used plastic flower pots or plastic bowels purchased at the dollar store. Some of these I have cut a door into then smoothed the edges. Thin construction is ok as you want to be able to cut as needed.

Old 12-05-2014, 08:35 PM   #13
IowaPrairieWoman
AhCha! I work in a Pharmacy, where we have dozens of different boxes. Maybe I should see them in a different light !!

Old 12-12-2014, 10:09 AM   #14
electrostorm33
I use coconut hides. Buy a coconut from the store and cut in half using a jigsaw and then completely empty pulp and water, cut a door and boil them to get rid of all bacteria and there ya go. Two hides which you can use for both end of viv. They are very easy to replace and come in lots of sizes so you never have to worry about another hide when your snake has grown out of the last one

Old 12-12-2014, 12:15 PM   #15
Tiffycj
I have used an empty Kleenex box as a hide. I also use the cylinder tin containers that some booze comes in.

Old 12-12-2014, 02:04 PM   #16
LittleFrog
None of my hatchlings like toilet paper tubes for some reason, but I cut off the tops of fountain drink cups from fast food restaurants and cut a little door into them, and they all really like that. Vastra also LOVES her repti-hammock with vines covering it. My two two year olds have toilet paper boxes and paper towel tubes that they seem to really like, and my one year old has some inexpensive bought hides from the pet store that he really likes.

Old 12-12-2014, 11:23 PM   #17
Anemicshoe
Im using a cool one right now for my new youngling! One of those gifty christmas boxes made of the tough cardboard, it has a lift off lid and I cut a snake sized entrance in the side with a box cutter
He seems to love it! Tight space and I can get at him if I need to with the lid.

Old 02-07-2015, 09:06 PM   #18
SpectorGhost
I have one that I put a tupperware juice container lid in for a hide in a pinch- and now he gets totally but hurt if I take it away! He is almost too big for it and still won't give it up!

Old 02-15-2015, 12:35 PM   #19
Jessicat
Plastic dog food bowls as water dishes seem to be a big favorite. For awhile I'd find some at the dollar store that already had a section cut out of the side.. extremely easy access for snakes!

Plastic yogurt containers seem to really get them too. Just keep in mind this rule of thumb.. the less you spend generally the more the snake will love it.

Old 02-15-2015, 02:26 PM   #20
Amanda47
I liked the little plastic containers that mints come in for hatchlings, just pull the lid off and cut a little door in it. Sturdy and washable.

Mine liked TP and paper towel tubes when they were small enough. Now I use the bigger tubes that commercial paper towels come on, and the ones that a rodent's timothy hay comes in.

I've also used cheap plastic bowls, using a soldering iron to make a door.

I use a small cat litter box for one, cut a door in it.

Recently I've used the black plastic tray that some frozen enchiladas came in.

I use cereal boxes for my big two-pound corn. She likes hiding in it or sitting on top of it.

I feel like I'm always on the lookout for things the snakes can crawl through and hide in

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google