CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

Thermostats

Old 03-02-2018, 12:47 PM   #1
Jenn-675
Thermostats

Hello,
I am looking to get a thermostat for my corns and am finding all of the ones avaible quite confusing(so many to choose from). If anyone could recommend one that would be good for about 5/6 snakes it would be extremely helpful.

Old 03-02-2018, 05:11 PM   #2
Seaweedthesnake
If you’re looking for a strip one that will control many heat sources at a time I can’t recommend one but I think your options are more limited with that. The only one I’ve seen was made by a major reptile supply company like zoomed or zilla or something. Not sure who makes it for sure or how it works as I haven’t used it but thought I’d mention it so maybe you can look for it and maybe it’ll work for you!

I use individual thermostats, but then again I only have two snakes. If you have the energy or space for them the jump start thermostat found on amazon has been working really great for me! Can’t imagine that’d be very economical for you though maybe? Hopefully someone with more experience and more snakes will weigh in because that’s all I’ve got!

Good luck c:

Old 03-03-2018, 10:45 AM   #3
Twolunger
If you want an inexpensive ( $35-$40 ) thermostat check out the Ink Bird 308. It is used in greenhouses to heat growing tables, and also in the brewing industry. I bought one and so far it has worked well. It is digital, prewired, and has an attached probe. It has an output maximum of 1100 watts, more than enough for your intended use.

Old 03-03-2018, 10:34 PM   #4
Jenn-675
Thank you for the suggestions, I will look into the Ink Bird 308 as well as a few others.

Old 03-05-2018, 04:34 PM   #5
Corning
I use the jump start too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google