CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

Quarantine setup

Old 08-23-2014, 08:42 PM   #11
daddio207
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanb View Post
I will pick up some prevent a mite tomorrow and treat the tubs. Anything I should do to the snakes when they get here as a precaution or just watch them close
Check out Natural Chemistry Reptile Spray.
I've had really good results from it and if you are going to use something as a preventative then this is it. Why introduce poisonous or toxic chemicals before there are signs of a mite infestation.

"Natural Chemistry Reptile Spray does not use poisons or other toxins to achieve results, so mites do not become resistant, thus, the product never loses effectiveness. Reptile Spray can be applied directly on pet, with no need to remove water or feed dispensers from habitat!"

Old 08-23-2014, 08:47 PM   #12
Nanci
Something members of my local reptile club mentioned, that we aren't really used to quarantining for, is Yellow Fungus Disease. It's present in wild snake populations, and it is deadly. It can wipe out an entire collection, and you can't do much to treat it. They are saying that you need a minimum 90 day quarantine to be assured that you didn't bring it home. Lots of people have completely closed collections now, and snakes that travel to shows are put in quarantine if not sold. You just can't be too careful.

Old 08-23-2014, 09:21 PM   #13
bryanb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
Something members of my local reptile club mentioned, that we aren't really used to quarantining for, is Yellow Fungus Disease. It's present in wild snake populations, and it is deadly. It can wipe out an entire collection, and you can't do much to treat it. They are saying that you need a minimum 90 day quarantine to be assured that you didn't bring it home. Lots of people have completely closed collections now, and snakes that travel to shows are put in quarantine if not sold. You just can't be too careful.
I figured at least 90 days

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google