• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

CO2 Mousicide

I have found this thread very educational in the sense of the kindest and quickest way to do the dead, however until my collection grows i will continue to defrost in what ever i find such as a glass a mug or a bowl, to my mums disgust.

It really doesn't matter if wall banging is efficient or not, it is violent and causes pain to the animal. It is not a proper euthanization method outlined by the American Veternary Association. I don't know what you mean by "nobody is going to solve PETA", that makes no sense AT ALL. PETA is a terrorist organization, and would like nothing better than to see reptiles banned in all 50 states. Your comments about hurling small animals into walls does nothing but give PETA ammo to use against this hobby, and give reptile owners everywhere a black eye.
Look at Detroit. You can't own a box turtle, or ANY reptile within the city. Why is that?
I have to wonder if someone like you preformed a senseless act of cruelty and set off the animal rights nuts...and a lawmaker listened.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! I can only hope you are joking. Because you make me laugh if not. How do you know that blunt force trauma causes pain? Are you a mouse? Do you have any mouse relatives that survived a wallbanging? NO! So please don't speak out of turn. As I said before, I CAN'T DO ANYTHING ABOUT PETA! So lay off. You need more than a proverbial black eye if you are being serious. Because I told you I was (yes, WAS) sorry, now I just want to anger you.

Please keep this civil. :)

Because I told you I was (yes, WAS) sorry, now I just want to anger you.
(Emphasis mine.) Antagonistic posting is against the rules. Sometimes we're a little soft on enforcing it, but when you ADVERTISE the fact that you're being intentionally antagonistic, you're kind of asking for it. Posting with the intent to anger someone else is practically the definition of trolling...

I don't mean to be nosy, I am just looking out for others... (but it just doesn't seem like a good idea to tick-off a moderator *imho*...)

just thought I would mention it. I don't mean you should "bow down" to him... but we all have our own ideas, and if you think about it, there is ALWAYS going to be someone to not agree with you, and there is always going to be something someone else says that you don't agree with. It is a two-way street that needs to be tread upon lightly.

We are all friends here, and while I personally think that "wallbanging" is cruel, it's not like we can talk you out of it (or so it seems), but for the sake of the reptile community, maybe we should all make a communal attempt to not bring up the fact that this method is practiced by any of us. It may be debated whether it is cruel or not.. but PETA will still jump on it if they could and we all know that, no matter how "nice" we feel our euthenasia methods are.

We don't want to lose the rights to have our businesses, let alone our cherished pets because someone from PETA caught wind of what was being said here. I don't mean to bash on anyone's methods, but maybe we should all think of each other in this situation and stop the arguement.

I don't mean to be nosy, I am just looking out for others... (but it just doesn't seem like a good idea to tick-off a moderator *imho*...)
I'm not ticked-off. I didn't think the antagonism was directed toward me.

just thought I would mention it. I don't mean you should "bow down" to him...
You won't find much of that here anyway! :grin01: People just don't give the proper respect to the awesome authority of a moderator on a pet snakie forum. :laugh: :punch:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! I can only hope you are joking. Because you make me laugh if not. How do you know that blunt force trauma causes pain? Are you a mouse? Do you have any mouse relatives that survived a wallbanging? NO! So please don't speak out of turn. As I said before, I CAN'T DO ANYTHING ABOUT PETA! So lay off. You need more than a proverbial black eye if you are being serious. Because I told you I was (yes, WAS) sorry, now I just want to anger you.

HAHA?? Um, nope, I'm NOT joking. Nor am I angry. Don't speak out of turn? Sorry, Junior, I sure don't take orders from the likes of you!
Nope, I'm not angry. But I DO feel pity for anyone who has to deal with such an immature, antagonistic and hostile individual on a personal level. And I think I can make certain predictions about your future. And as far as you not being able to do anything about PETA, remember this kid, a little responsibilty goes a long way! Just don't behave in a fashion that would readily identify you as an asshat. Remember, to the uninitiated you represent this hobby.

Sorry, I have a tendancy to go off topic and steal threads. I will post this as it's own question...

It's quite ok Jadie, I think a little levity is called for in this case.

Not to answer for Dean, but I seriously don't know how he does it. I know I couldn't.

Well, even though I don't agree with everything MorphCollector says, I still can't bring myself to agree. Funny term yes, but I wouldn't want someone to call me that, so I make it a point to not call other people things. Fair is fair I suppose... unless you are a cornsnake breeder trying to get some eggs this season, then it seems like there are some triumphing greatly over others ;)

Technically I never called him that, just advised him not to ACT like one. Which is pretty good advice I think. More should follow it :)

Back