CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

My new website
Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2014, 08:19 AM   #1
corn snake breeder
Talking My new website

I just finished uploading my new website. Check it out and let me know what you think. Just so you know I am not done and I spend at least an hour working on it everyday.
https://sites.google.com/site/jakessnakescom/home

Old 01-09-2014, 08:50 AM   #2
Nanci
I think some will question whether this post comes under the "Come Look At My Site" category. Posts drawing traffic away from this site are prohibited, although one may post a link to one's site in one's signature.

I view is as an invitation to view a new website (not a forum) under development, for the purpose of suggestions and critique. Other mods/Rich may view it differently.

My first suggestion would be, please proofread your caresheet section for typos! I noticed several when I skimmed through.

Old 01-09-2014, 09:02 AM   #3
corn snake breeder
Thank you! I am editing them now. Check out my videos please and let me know what you think. If the mods fell it is taking away from this site I am sorry. Being it is not a forum I didn't think It would be a problem.

Old 01-09-2014, 02:22 PM   #4
AliCat37
I agree with Nanci, lots of typos and grammatical errors on the care sheet pages. Just something to review and polish before publishing. A professional feel will gain you more people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 01-09-2014, 03:41 PM   #5
Nanci
Your videos would be improved if you had little to no camera motion. Can you use a tripod and a fixed area? In your feeders video for example, it was _really_ motion-y and out of focus, or just looking off into space.

It would be _better_ if you had your studio area set up, with the camera focused on your table. Then bring your animal(s) to that area and start recording when you are all ready, and the animal is in the field of view.

Old 01-09-2014, 03:53 PM   #6
Nanci
Taking the house snake video for example. I think you could use a set area, and have the snake out and ready to go. Then, before you even start, make a script about the points you want to cover. Like an outline. You don't have to write down word for word, even- just the subjects.

African House Snakes

I. Natural Range

II. Care in Captivity

A. Caging Requirements

1. size of viv
2. substrate
3. temperature

B. Diet

C. Temperament

So you can glance at that to keep on track, but talk informally about each topic, in an orderly fashion, not just off the top of your head.

You can aim the camera at the snake in the video set, as you handle it. People aren't going to care about looking at you, except maybe at the end in the credits.

You can keep any props you need next to you, also, and bring them into your set as needed. (Temp gun, substrate, hides, whatever).

Old 01-09-2014, 11:50 PM   #7
smigon
Jake, I would be happy to proofread and edit the written portions of your site. I was an English minor and proofreading is one of my better talents! Let me know, I will proof it and send you a copy in a PM if you are interested. And no charge for a fellow member!

-Michelle

Old 01-09-2014, 11:58 PM   #8
TheFrogman
Quote:
Originally Posted by smigon View Post
I was an English minor and proofreading is one of my better talents!

-Michelle
That's sexy as hell !

LOL-I tease, just being funny.

Old 01-10-2014, 01:48 AM   #9
smigon
I love you, Frog! You make me feel like a 20 year old again!!! (Oh, and psst, pointe ballet was another of my talents! Oh, up on those toes!!!)

Old 01-10-2014, 01:51 AM   #10
smigon
Something I am NOT patient with is waiting, so Jake, I went ahead and proofed your entire website. I sent it in a PM. I LOVED doing it, I don't get to proof many things I am passionate about! Use some, all or none, I hope at least some of it helps, and it won't hurt my feelings if you don't like it or use it.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Closed Thread