• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Leftover Eggs Not Hatching?

RubyDoo012

Good Evening!

On August 14 one of the eleven eggs my corn snake laid opened and out popped our first hatchling! As the week progressed more came, and we have a total of seven. However there are four eggs left that don't seem to be making any progress. It's been 88 days, temperature has been at 78-80 degrees, humidity has been staying at 74%. I've candled the eggs, there are veins and movement, but the hatchlings are certainly taking their sweet time.
Any advice?

Thank You :)

Wow, 88 days is a long time, but as long as the eggs are still viable, no fungus or rot, I'd just wait them out. I have slit late hatching eggs after waiting for an additional week. Usually the hatchlings pop their heads out and then emerge by a couple days later. Some people don't believe in slitting eggs, their reasoning being hatchlings that are too weak to pip out shouldn't be saved.

I had eggs go over 100 days, but they we literally kept in a closet, at lower temps than eggs normally incubate at. (They weren't my eggs, but were given to me later in the process.

Back