CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

Three Clutches... some problems

Old 05-21-2004, 02:08 AM   #1
Sasheena
Three Clutches... some problems

Hey folks, I thought I would post pictures of my three clutches of cornsnake eggs. Two of the clutches aren't having too many problems, one is having some trouble.

All of the eggs did undergo a 12 hour period at 88 degrees, so I'm hoping that they did not become damaged due to this problem (AC failure)

The first picture I'm going to post is Calypso's eggs. I lost one of the 21 she laid, for some reason it ruptured.

Other than the lost egg due to rupturing the eggs appear to be doing great. They are very small, but all candle with veins.

Old 05-21-2004, 02:10 AM   #2
Sasheena
Here's Athena's Clutch

Athena had 12 eggs total, 6 of which were slugs. She was really a bit too small to breed, so I'm glad she laid all the eggs without too much effort, and the month of worry about having bred her was a good lesson for the future: Don't Breed Them if You Doubt They Are Big Enough! Even if it turns out okay, it's not worth the stress of worrying about it!

One of her eggs is slightly collapsed. I added some moisture after taking this photograph, hopefully that is all that is needed.

After recent discussions in other threads, I decided to move them to airtight containers to help with humidity (necessary in this arid desert climate).

Old 05-21-2004, 02:13 AM   #3
Sasheena
Aphrodite's Clutch

Aphrodite's eggs, (in the same size container as Athena's above) are HUGE compared to the other corn eggs. Two of them are slightly moldy and slightly squishy on one side. I'm afraid they might be lost, but I used some anti-fungal stuff on them to see if they are savable. I'm having the largest problems with their eggs. Actually, now that I think about it, the only two snakes that had the stuff that passes for Sphagnum Moss around here in them are having severe molding problems.

Any suggestions on what I might do for these eggs would be appreciated!

Old 05-21-2004, 02:15 AM   #4
Sasheena
For the heck of it.

I thought I would post a pic of my kingsnake clutch, that I'm having REAL TROUBLE with also, in case anyone has any idea what to do to help the ten remaining eggs (two of which are deflating).

Hubby suggests that for the pair of eggs in the upper right hand corner, I should remove all but the small bit of egg shell that connects the two eggs together, so as to hope to help the one attached to the blue egg survive ... nothing to be done about the clump of four eggs with the bad one stuck on top.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google