CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > DIY Projects
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

DIY Projects Use this forum to post threads related to home made projects for your corns... Vivariums, hides, decorations, accessories, you name it. Anything to save some bucks or give your personalized touch.

Her First Shed

Old 09-11-2015, 09:52 PM   #1
Twice
Her First Shed

My corn just shed for it's first time WITH ME (2 previous times with it's breeder) and I wanted to know if there were any neat things I could do with her first shed instead of just leaving it up on a shelf?

Old 09-13-2015, 05:12 PM   #2
Jupiter
I keep a notebook just for my only corn (only corn for now) Sir Blinky. It's like an old, school notebook that was never used (old fashioned, I know, not using technology). And I just write down every event that happens with Sir Blinky, and I keep his first ever shed in their, tucked into the back pages. It was especially noteworthy because his first ever shed started in my hands. I had become worried because it had been 10 days since he started, and he hadn't eaten, and was so small at the time. Now I know that 10 day sheds are 100% normal, but at the time I had no idea, so I got him out and he started rubbing his head against my hands really, really hard. I thought he was gonna bite or something, but he didn't, and I saw the skin on his nose start to crinkle up, and he started. He had a hard time getting the shed to come off in my hand, and I didn't know wether or not to help, so I just put him in his viv and he used his rock to complete the shed. Anyways, that's my shed story, and what I did with my serpy's first ever shed

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Old 09-13-2015, 05:34 PM   #3
DollysMom
A while back there was a thread about using snake shed in manicures. I put my baby's first shed with me in a plastic bag and put the date on it.

Old 09-13-2015, 06:49 PM   #4
Twice
I don't have all her details written down on paper but I have an excel sheet where I have kept track all the times she's been fed, how much she was fed, etc. I'm also planning on writing down every time she sheds and all that but still not sure what else I can do with the shed besides let it sit there.

Old 09-13-2015, 06:54 PM   #5
jagodzinski
I used to save the sheds when Jag was a baby in the display window of my bookshelf next to the viv. However, over time they started to dry out and lose their form. So if you want to save them long-term, I definitely would recommend DollysMom suggestions of placing them in a plastic bag.

I don't know if you are familiar with Etsy but basically it is a site where people can sell their art and crafts. I did a search on there for snake shed and the link is below. You could get some cool ideas by looking through that.

https://www.etsy.com/search?q=snake%20shed

Old 09-13-2015, 08:21 PM   #6
Twice
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagodzinski View Post
I used to save the sheds when Jag was a baby in the display window of my bookshelf next to the viv. However, over time they started to dry out and lose their form. So if you want to save them long-term, I definitely would recommend DollysMom suggestions of placing them in a plastic bag.

I don't know if you are familiar with Etsy but basically it is a site where people can sell their art and crafts. I did a search on there for snake shed and the link is below. You could get some cool ideas by looking through that.

https://www.etsy.com/search?q=snake%20shed
Thanks for this =)

Old 12-02-2015, 05:24 PM   #7
Majikkani_Hand
I'd be tempted to try to seal it in a block of clear resin--you can get "casting resin" from craft stores, and then you have a sweet paperweight or other art object.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google