CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Dark spot on my albino cornsnake. Vet?

Old 11-08-2018, 02:15 AM   #1
Jiboia-Arco-Íris
Unhappy Dark spot on my albino cornsnake. Vet?

Hey there! I have a light colored snake and I noticed that she has a dark spot on her body. Should I be concerned and take her to a vet?

I wish I could get a picture but it's underneath her belly and its hard to get a good shot.

Thanks so much.

Old 11-08-2018, 02:26 AM   #2
Jiboia-Arco-Íris
Also to clarify it's not part of her markings- its underneath her skin. Also it's rather close to the head but not too close.

Just to illustrate where it is:
-------------x----O-<

Old 11-08-2018, 09:55 AM   #3
Twolunger
Light colored hatchlings or young corns do have dark appearing spots that aren't so obvious on darker colored corns. The spots are usually internal organs, since the heart and other organs are concentrated up front on snakes. The liver is sometimes seen, but it is much longer and usually not noticed.

Old 11-08-2018, 06:16 PM   #4
Jiboia-Arco-Íris
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twolunger View Post
Light colored hatchlings or young corns do have dark appearing spots that aren't so obvious on darker colored corns. The spots are usually internal organs, since the heart and other organs are concentrated up front on snakes. The liver is sometimes seen, but it is much longer and usually not noticed.
Thanks so much! That subdues my general worries. She was acting odd and it worried me, but turns out it was because she was shedding. It's difficult to find resources online about physical illnesses on snakes so I worry waaaay too much!

Again thanks so much for the help!

Old 11-09-2018, 01:50 AM   #5
Dragonling
On a Snow corn like yours, you may also be able to see the spleen as a dark greenish shadow on the opposite end.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Tags
health