• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

that purple snake

bryanc

Peeple of zee wurl, relax
So Rich I was wondering about that gorgeous lav-blood you have on your site. That thing is purple and my dream snake. :) but anyway, do you remember anything about it? What sex? I assume you kept it for your line, is it been bred yet?

I ask because I am saving my pennies for one of those beauties and I'd love to get one with such a great purple color.

Thanks!

Attachments

• lavblood.jpg
    lavblood.jpg
    3 KB · Views: 619
Beats the heck out of me. I'm sure I still have it, but I just couldn't lay my hands on it without a lot of searching.

One of the things I have noticed about the Lavender lines and it's derivatives is that they have a "blooming" period where all the colors just seem to glow. Then as they mature further, those colors will then fade away. Seen this in regular Lavenders and most definitely in the Lavender Motleys. So I guess it should come as no surprise that it happens in the Lavender Blood Reds as well.

Of course, as babies, there really doesn't seem to be much in the way of indicators as to which ones will blossom the most. Right now I have a Lavender Blood Red that is getting a tremendous amount of red wash over it (which gives a kind of interesting effect over the normally lavender colored snake), so I have NO idea how that one may turn out later on in life. Will that change into a more purplish looking animal? :shrugs: Beats me. I try to avoid giving the impression that I have some sort of crystal ball for these sorts of predictions....

Rich Z said:
One of the things I have noticed about the Lavender lines and it's derivatives is that they have a "blooming" period where all the colors just seem to glow. Then as they mature further, those colors will then fade away.

:crying:

Say it ain't so! That photo of the purple snake is what got me into collecting corns. Any theory as to why the colors fade with age? I thought they just kept getting better.

bill38112 said:

Say it ain't so! That photo of the purple snake is what got me into collecting corns. Any theory as to why the colors fade with age? I thought they just kept getting better.

Nope, I really don't know, but it certainly is the case from what I have experienced. Maybe it's just something akin to our hair turning gray with age, but in snakes it is the scalation that changes.... :shrugs: :shrugs:

Rich that adult male hypo lav blood I sent you as a baby it was pastle coral orange and pastle coral pink . As it grew it was mind blowing pastle colored snake . When it was a adult it faded into the color it is now. I wish you could post a pic of him since I dont have one myself . I also notice this dramatic change in ghost and ghost bloods and anery bloods. wher they go from a lavenderish purple into a grayish tone

I tell ya, that Lav Blood should have been named Helen (or Henry) of Troy.

It's the snake that launched a thousand breeding projects. :cool:

regards,
jazz

Interestingly enough, the Hypo Lavender Blood Reds are COMPLETELY different looking from the Lavender Bloods. You would think they would be just a lighter purplish color, but that is not the case. Much more pinkish and orange tones in the coloration, as vinman indicated.

From this and other evidence, I'm beginning to think that Hypomelanism is not as simple as we once thought......... And making me rethink some ideas I once had about some things involving it. :rolleyes:

Rich, do you have any plans on breeding some of your Lav-Blood stock to Amels and Anerys? I think that would be a really cool combo! Stripes and motley Lav-Bloods would be awesome too.

bill38112 said:

Everything fade with age.
Color, memories, looks. It's called aging.

This guy deserves a thread of his own, but thought he was deserving of this thread too. Took these today at feeding time exactly 24 hours after shedding. He's got a 66% chance of being het Hypo.:cool:

The last pic, he was tired of the flash and wanted me to leave.

Attachments

• DSCN2955.JPG
    DSCN2955.JPG
    104.2 KB · Views: 378
  • DSCN2957.JPG
    DSCN2957.JPG
    82.1 KB · Views: 379
  • DSCN2962.JPG
    DSCN2962.JPG
    113.7 KB · Views: 375
  • DSCN2965.JPG
    DSCN2965.JPG
    134.7 KB · Views: 374
  • DSCN2964.JPG
    DSCN2964.JPG
    134.9 KB · Views: 374
Hypo Striped Lavender Bloodreds In 07 ????

this year I'm breed my normal colored muliti het female and a male bloodred multi het . They are sibs, a cross between the male hypo lavender bloodred het for charcoal to a female stripe het for bloodred, anery (A) , amel.

Back