CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Rich Z's Blatherings
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Rich Z's Blatherings Since Connie and I have retired the SerpenCo business, topics here will focus on topics of a more personal and general nature.

Hey Rich, Lavender/Hypo/Motley/Butter all in one pair.

Old 05-20-2008, 06:25 PM   #1
Anerythristic
Hey Rich, Lavender/Hypo/Motley/Butter all in one pair.

RichZ,

I am new I also posted this in the Cornsnakes wanted. If I could get this from your lines I would be happiest. This is my old post.

Quote:
Hi,

I'm new I came here because this seems like the right place to look.

I would appreciate getting in contact with anybody that can supply me with these traits in a pair of snakes.

Is one Hypo Lavender and one Butter Motley the best way to go?

Thanks for your help.

Old 05-20-2008, 06:33 PM   #2
Rich Z
Depends on what your eventual goal is. Variety? Or do you want a particular gene combination in one animal?

Old 05-20-2008, 11:10 PM   #3
Anerythristic
Oh no...variety. Those are my favorite Cornsnake color and pattern mutations. I would love to get a mix of Lavender, Caramel, Amber, Butter,Amel..etc.

It's strictly for fun, Cornsnakes are great and I would be adding them to my collection which consists mainly of locality type Green Tree Pythons. I would actually like to purchase a couple of pairs of corns that have those traits in any corn. If you had normal looking hets. for those traits even better.

Old 05-21-2008, 03:15 AM   #4
Rich Z
Well, the more homozygous genes you have in both the male and the female, then the more definite (within reason) hets you will have in the offspring.

The last couple of years I have done custom requests for a customer to create interesting hets for him, but I have to know pretty far in advance to allocate resources for it. Of course, the boat has already left the dock for this year. And of course, the requirement for such a request is that the buyer must buy the entire clutch that hatches out, right out of the egg. Otherwise I get stuck with a bunch of animals that might be difficult to sell to a bunch of other people also interested in just a pair or so of that exact same combination of genes. The price per animal is somewhere between the cost of either full homozygous baby of each parent. For instance, breeding a Hypo Lavender Blood Red to Butter Motley would produce a clutch of babies that I would want to get $300 per head on. Of course, I can't predict how many babies would hatch out, which makes this a real gamble for the buyer. Could be quite heart stopping for them if I got a clutch of 30 eggs hatch out for them! Especially if they all turned out to be males. But such is life, sometimes....

Not sure if anyone else does something like this, but in some cases, it might be necessary in order to get a mixture of genes that you are most interested in getting.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google