CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Corn Snake Photo Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Corn Snake Photo Gallery Show them off! Post photos of your prizes and your favorities for everyone else to see and comment on.

Tessera Club!! Post Yours Too!!

Old 02-13-2011, 01:05 PM   #31
chris68
Now I'm of the opposite opinion of Mr Pierce. I want to see them go right back into the localities for fine tuning...I really want to see Extreme Oketera's and some real crisp Tessiami's :*)

Sure looks like a fun gene to play with, gotta get on somebodies payment plan soon

Lookin' forward to seeing everyones results this year

Old 02-13-2011, 02:07 PM   #32
maxfox426
Ooo! Ooo! I'll play.

Una is a 2009 female Tessera. I got her from Walter Smith last year. She's a character and I love her!

Baby Una - April 6th, 2010

And few of Una today! (There are more in her progression thread, which I just updated)

I've got some plans for this girl, though it will be a couple years down the road still.

Old 02-13-2011, 05:07 PM   #33
Nanci
Wow, Una has the checkery-est belly I have ever seen in a Tessera. She's so bright now!! I still remember the day you got her- wow- what a surprise! One of the first "normal" people to get one!!

Old 02-13-2011, 06:20 PM   #34
maxfox426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
Wow, Una has the checkery-est belly I have ever seen in a Tessera. She's so bright now!! I still remember the day you got her- wow- what a surprise! One of the first "normal" people to get one!!
Lol! To be perfectly honest, _I'M_ still surprised that I got her! I really have been very, very lucky with a couple of my acquisitions.

And I love her checkers. My favorite part is the way she has a black checker "border" along the sides of her belly. I didn't realize that checkers were more uncommon, though. Guess I haven't really been paying close attention to other Tessera bellies.

Old 02-13-2011, 06:33 PM   #35
Irish Eyes (Mrs.Z)
OK, here's the deal, people. I'm drooling at all these beautiful Tesseras. Drool is NOT pretty, nor is it good for my old Type M IBM Clicky keyboard. So, to spare the keyboard, and the people who have to look at me when I drool, someone needs to step up to the plate and donate one of their "spare" Tesseras to me. Just Do It. Do it now. Before something terrible happens to my keyboard or the look on my husband's face if he has to keep watching me slobber :-).

Old 02-13-2011, 08:10 PM   #36
ShenziSixaxis
The tessera stripe I saw was amazing. I think I'll have to get a few corns with those hets and make those. They look the best to me, I think.

Also, I have one other thing to say about this thread:
I hate you all.

Old 02-13-2011, 09:19 PM   #37
SickPyth7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecreipeoj View Post
I certainly know how I would approach Tessera, if I had them first. I see Tessera het Amels just as an example, and I just can’t imagine that I would start by breeding them to a single homo morph.

If he is a good two year old breeder, I will be able to test for most morphs with a few breedings to triple homo morphs, while creating Tessera triple hets in the process.

I expect to see a rainbow of colors from Tessera all over the world this year.
I agree.

Whats your take of motley and tessera?

Old 02-13-2011, 10:27 PM   #38
SickPyth7
THIS JUST IN...

Old 02-13-2011, 10:54 PM   #39
ecreipeoj
Quote:
Originally Posted by SickPyth7 View Post
I agree.

Whats your take of motley and tessera?
If you meant Tessera Motleys, I have no experience hatching any of them out yet, and I have only seen the photos and explanations of others. I am just taking in what I read, and will see what results I get.

Motley and Tessera can be similar in appearance, but there are a lot of differences too. Tessera is dominant, which is the big deal about this gene. The pattern will be created like wildfire, but the addition of the recessive genes will still take some work.

It seems obvious to me that there are Tessera’s homo for Striped or Motley and seem to have been mixed up from the start. It seem as if the group that started Tessera is starting to get a handle on it to me. I read some of the post about Tessera Stripes and Tessera Motleys and it is not completely clear to me exactly what is going on, or I just don‘t see it yet.

Since Motley and Striped may be in my Tessera mix already, I guess I would like to know what he is carrying. I haven’t decided what to bred him to, but most of my multiple homo morphs are Striped, Motley or Bloodred.

Tessera X Lav Blood het Hypo Charcoal would test for four genes, and get Blood. Tessera x Striped Champagne three more and get Striped. I guess I could do something like Tessera X Lava Motley het Caramel to test for three more. I would like to get Dilute and Sunkissed tested/started some how too. In the past, I would never have thought about mixing pattern traits, but now with morphs like Sunkissed Stripeds and Sunkissed Cinders, my mind has been changed.

Personally at this time, I could not identify the Tessera phenotype, the Tessera Motley phenotype or the Tessera Striped pheno. There are others with a few years breeding them, trying to figure it all out. I am sure they have breed Tessera X Okeetee, with no hets, so that should be the Tessera phenotype.

My guy doesn’t fit the perfect striped, black borders he is suppose to have. Maybe he has Aztec influence, I don‘t know. I know I have seen lots of Tessera I like more than mine, so if Striped or Motley is helping, I will try to make them too.

I will trade Motleys for Tessera anytime, well not all of them. I got lucky and picked mine up in a trade. He will certainly make my year more interesting.

Old 02-14-2011, 12:09 AM   #40
SickPyth7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecreipeoj View Post
If you meant Tessera Motleys, I have no experience hatching any of them out yet, and I have only seen the photos and explanations of others. I am just taking in what I read, and will see what results I get.

Motley and Tessera can be similar in appearance, but there are a lot of differences too. Tessera is dominant, which is the big deal about this gene. The pattern will be created like wildfire, but the addition of the recessive genes will still take some work.

It seems obvious to me that there are Tessera’s homo for Striped or Motley and seem to have been mixed up from the start. It seem as if the group that started Tessera is starting to get a handle on it to me. I read some of the post about Tessera Stripes and Tessera Motleys and it is not completely clear to me exactly what is going on, or I just don‘t see it yet.

Since Motley and Striped may be in my Tessera mix already, I guess I would like to know what he is carrying. I haven’t decided what to bred him to, but most of my multiple homo morphs are Striped, Motley or Bloodred.

Tessera X Lav Blood het Hypo Charcoal would test for four genes, and get Blood. Tessera x Striped Champagne three more and get Striped. I guess I could do something like Tessera X Lava Motley het Caramel to test for three more. I would like to get Dilute and Sunkissed tested/started some how too. In the past, I would never have thought about mixing pattern traits, but now with morphs like Sunkissed Stripeds and Sunkissed Cinders, my mind has been changed.

Personally at this time, I could not identify the Tessera phenotype, the Tessera Motley phenotype or the Tessera Striped pheno. There are others with a few years breeding them, trying to figure it all out. I am sure they have breed Tessera X Okeetee, with no hets, so that should be the Tessera phenotype.

My guy doesn’t fit the perfect striped, black borders he is suppose to have. Maybe he has Aztec influence, I don‘t know. I know I have seen lots of Tessera I like more than mine, so if Striped or Motley is helping, I will try to make them too.

I will trade Motleys for Tessera anytime, well not all of them. I got lucky and picked mine up in a trade. He will certainly make my year more interesting.
I guess I haven't done much research on the Tessera Motley end of things. I didn't even know there was a Tessera Motley!

I have seen some beautiful Tesseras and Tessera Stripes but not the Motley. I'm understanding that if you breed a Tessera to a Stripe you can get Stripes out of them...correct?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google