• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Do people have other hobbies?

I love to hunt and fish. I ride my mountain bike (not nearly enough, though!). We have horses, dogs, and a few worthless cats to tend. I spend a LOT of time with my kids!

Hiking.

I used to do a LOT of canoeing/kayaking and rock-climbing but those days seem to have passed me by now.

I keep trying to learn guitar, but I don't seem to be a musical natural.

And pyrography (wood-burning) is my artistic outlet.

Sundance.jpg

Skye

What a GREAT PICTURE!!! That's really good stuff there! You ought to try to sell some things like that at the various snake shows. You'd really be surprised (or maybe you wouldn't) at much stuff like that can go for around a bunch of herp enthusiasts!

Terrific ... really!

My other hobbies include dabbling in various arts such as sketching, acrylic painting (paint by numbers, but I'm getting to the point where I may try my own designs), ceramic painting, and silk painting. I also run a MUSH (text-based online RPG), though I've kind of been falling behind in that area. And videogames (GameCube). Quite obviously not all of this at once, but you get the idea...

But cornsnakes, especially the genetics aspect of breeding them, is my number one hobby.

-Kat

Um lets see here..I'm not very specialized as far as hobbies go, I just do whatever I'm game for at the moment.

For starters I'm a Diablo addict. The Battle.net online multiplayer games mostly. But I also play a little Age of Empires as well, need to fill the urge to conquer the world every now and then. I also dabble with my PS2 every once in a while, Gran Turismo 3 and both Grand Theft Autos.

I like to garden and am always out fiddling with my flowers or herbs. I love to baby my orchids given the chance.

I also like to play with all of my animals, mainly my dog Maia, my two goats Kahlua and Bailey, and my bird Skyy (yes there is an alcohol theme there.)

Maia:
Maia.JPG

Kahlua & Bailey:
KahluaBailey1.JPG

Skyy:
Quaker3.JPG

I also like to hike in the woods, hunt for arrowheads in the fields behind the house (don't find many), hunt and fish. And in springtime, I'm an avid and aggressive mushroom hunter. Love the morel. And no, not telling you where my patch is. >=)

I love deer, but for some reason deer hunting mystifies me..I'm clueless in between getting a license, shooting the deer and getting it processed..I could do those things easy, but it's the whole checking it that confuddles me. I might get it figured out someday. =P

I also enjoy NASCAR quite a bit, watch the races every Sunday like clockwork. RIP #3!

My next hobby will probably be either saving up money for a new truck, or a salt water fish tank. Freshwater is ok..but the fish aren't very colorful. And I got rid of my baby, Raven, a couple of years ago, she was eating me up on gas travelling back and forth from school, work, and home..but I still miss her! :crying:

Truck.jpg

Urm. I also keep 100s of tropical fish and I play the guitar (in a band). I love out-door sports and I play a lot of internet games (age of empires, backgammon ect.)

Thanks
Alex

Taceas - I love Diablo too. But I particularly like all the Baldurs Gate games. And I'm not immune to Never Winters Night either.

Skye

Meg, I was meaning to ask you about that 1894. You use that as a shooter in CAS?

110 yrs old and still kickin'

I'm soooo jealous! Wanna trade? I'm sure I've got some snakes you really need! ;)

In my free time... I've been focus on looking at colleges. Ugh. And every once in a while I'll get to do stuff I actually enjoy, like skiing, concerts, reading, sleeping, traveling (recently to India), listening to <b>any</b> music, playing my violin, learning guitar, rubix cubes, contra dancing, looking at the stars, hiking, kayaking, volunteering, building robots and stage sets, and hanging out with mes amis.

Oh, and by the way Taceas, I love the picture of your goats. The small one looks like my Bartholomew, but in a very miniature version. My Bart was a massive goat! I had to give him away though, because I didn't have time to take care of him. :(

Darin:

Thank you very much for your kind words. I have actually done a few to sell - the bearded dragon I posted earlier was one such commission. I also had a few hours of fun making about a hundred fridge magnets once which I also sold at a reptile show.

Here is a larger piece I did for my husbands office:

heron1.jpg

I have never done a cornsnake yet...I keep trying to find the time, and the right picture to base it on.

Skye

My other hobbies include, time permiting of course, dogs and dog training. I have been doing that for a long time now. I love hiking in the woods, spending time with my two kids and watching horror flicks, the good ones of course...The Shining, The Exorcist and Silence of the Lambs to name a few.

Other hobbies

Most of my other hobbies are "weird"...psychic development, paranormal investigations, that sort of thing.
I enjoy reading SF/F/Horror novels, and watching movies in the same genres, particuarly cheesy horror films about mutant animals eating people <lol>.

Looking after my kids takes up a lot of my time, too. I love camping, fishing, field herping, and organic gardening (though I get to do very little of that).

Skye, Your artwork is fantastic. I do pencil sketches, but nothing like that. If you ever get around to doing a cornsnake, make sure you post the picture.

And here...

Is a picture of one of my horses. His name's Galliano

Attachments

• ansurc.jpg
    ansurc.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 101
Back