CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Corn Snake Photo Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Corn Snake Photo Gallery Show them off! Post photos of your prizes and your favorities for everyone else to see and comment on.

My Poor little missing baby, Irwin

Old 04-15-2002, 03:04 AM   #1
BloodyCats
Unhappy My Poor little missing baby, Irwin

I lost my little buddy last Wednesday. Somehow the little door out of two plastic doors on his cage was left open and he's gone. I was really tempted to get myself another male and another female corn, but I don't deserve it if I can't find my little Irwin!! The worst thing about the whole situation is that I'm moving in about a month.

Old 04-15-2002, 09:57 AM   #2
Elaphe_Mo
don't give up hope

I've lost a lot of little guys, but never permanantly. Keep checking warm dark places like under the fridge. Hopefully he'll turn up before you move.

Old 04-15-2002, 05:48 PM   #3
Iris
Hey, listen to Mo! Don't give up hope. They seem to pop up when you least expect. I lost my snake a total of 3 times (only one of them was actually my fault).
Once he crawled into a hole in a wall and didn't come out for two weeks.
Another time he crawled down a sink drain and didn't come up for 3 weeks. (He poppedu p in a sink in another room)
Last but not least he crawled out of his tank while i left the screen cover open for "just a minute" and he disappeared somewhere in my room.

BUT I found him even after all that AND he is still alive. So don't lose hope and turn the lights on randomly at odd hours of the night to see if you can find him roaming around in the dark.

What I did the third tiime was I took an empty tissue box, poked a few holes with a pencil and put 2 pinkies inside. My baby crawled in and had a nice meal and decided he'd rather stay in there than go back outside to digest his meal. I checked these little boxes 3 times a day and voila! there he was 3 days after I lost him. (he was really small at the time..maybe 13 inches and very thin so he could fit into the pencil holes)
so...yeah..what I meant to say is don't give up. in a roundabout way.

Irwin is a beauty and I hope you find him. Maybe you should get a more secure tank for him next time...?

Best of luck!

Old 04-15-2002, 08:59 PM   #4
nicky
ya like mo and iris said

don't give up try seeting traps in your front yard put it's fermiliar seetings in by the door you think he excasped in and check there lots but up missing signs ask to look in peoples back yards ( as long as they don't seem the type to totally freak out. my corn,my friends,family and i wish you best of luck in finding him. we keep your corn in our preyers.
good luck
!

Old 04-16-2002, 03:29 AM   #5
Simon
Don't give up.

I have hear many stories about people finding their snakes after months and even years. Even after they moved they still find their snake somewhere.

Try looking for it near the tank. As it escaped not too long ago it might still be hanging around somewhere near the tank/cage. Try dark and warm places. Some have even found them on curtains and other things. So don't just look down on the ground, but also up everywhere.

Try using a paper bag with a f/t pinkie inside and leave it near a warm place. Some of them would like to crawl inside the bag, eat the pinky and since it's a nice warm hide paper bag. They might just stay inside the bag while it digests it's prey.

remember not to give up hope. Tell us what happens soon.

Good Luck in finding your herp!!

Old 04-16-2002, 01:52 PM   #6
absolutneil
long time ago

Long ago I had a Ball Python that I was transporting in a pillow case to a friends house. I stopped by the convenience store and in a matter of about 45seconds he was gone.

I tore the car apart looking for him but no luck.

Six months later he just comes right out as if to say "hi"

no food - no water - he was fine.

Took him to the vet and fed him. he is still fine today

Old 04-17-2002, 12:22 AM   #7
BloodyCats
Thanks for the kind words, everyone! I've searched everywhere, and laid out flour around the perimeter of the room. He hasn't made any trails. I sat up multiple nights, silently listening for movement with plastic bags set every so often and that didn't work either. From a lot of people I've heard they come out when you've just given up the search. I won't give up hope, but I'm sure sick of searching! I plan on getting a few fuzzies in the next couple days and puttig them in 2-liter bottle traps around the house. If that doesn't work, I'll search everything and everywhere one more time and then wait for him to pop up unexpectedly, I guess.

Old 04-17-2002, 02:07 AM   #8
Simon
Don't worry, Irwin will turn out very soon! Just don't give up, sooner or later he'll be hungry and will come out to search for food. Maybe it's just getting settled down with the new environment that he discovered.....

Good Luck!

Old 04-17-2002, 01:08 PM   #9
BloodyCats
Woo, I found him! Last night I heard rustling on one of the plastic bags I set out around my room. I flipped on the lights and there he was! He didn't even care that I snatched him as fast as I could. I'm so happy I'll probably be running around crazy all day.

Old 04-17-2002, 01:59 PM   #10
Elaphe_Mo
Talking Yay!!!!

Good job! We knew you'd find him. I'm happy he's home safe again.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google