CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Corn Snake Photo Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Corn Snake Photo Gallery Show them off! Post photos of your prizes and your favorities for everyone else to see and comment on.

The brain ( opposed to pinkey )

Old 04-24-2002, 12:53 PM   #1
ROACHMAN
The brain ( opposed to pinkey )

pinkey and the brain were my first 2 amel corns ...could anyone tell me if this...well i dont know ..is it a candycane ?..a milkphase...what type of corn is this exactly ?

Old 04-24-2002, 01:59 PM   #2
Kaz
Yo ROACHMAN, what a beautiful snake. I have looked in 'The Corn Snake Manual' by Bill and Kathy Love and I think she's a candycane corn. This sentence is directly copied out of the book - 'Candycanes are a fourth cultivar of the amelanistic corn that ideally results in a whitish snake with bright red-orange blotches'. She looks as the book says, a Candycane, and as I said BEAUTIFUL man.

Old 04-24-2002, 03:20 PM   #3
ROACHMAN
Thanx

thanx , i al so think she is gorgeous ...i got her as a plain amel ..but here in sa there are nto many pet shops that knows alot about snakes..
i plan to breed her with the male that you say you have a female of ( well same colour)...it would be intresting to see what develops there..cant wait till they get to breeding age.
i have another colour ....i'll quickly take a pic ..this other one is more flesh tone than i have ever seenon a amel...and she is in shed so she looks even lighter..check under AZTEC ? (that will be the post heading) ...
pinkey is set to breed with them both

Old 04-24-2002, 05:28 PM   #4
Kevin M
Looks like a Creamsicle to me. Or at least its a dead ringer for any Creamsicles my collection consists of and produces.

Old 04-24-2002, 07:17 PM   #5
ROACHMAN
And the conclusion is ???

lol....so which is it now ?

Old 04-24-2002, 07:29 PM   #6
Serpwidgets
Good choice of names.

I named my first 3 corns Pinky, Brainy, and Floyd.

Old 04-24-2002, 09:59 PM   #7
Kevin M
I'm sticking with Creamsicle...

But I'd love to hear others guesses? Damn, I have to get a new digicam. This would be an excellent time to post some photos of my Creams for comparison.

Old 04-24-2002, 10:17 PM   #8
Simon
I'd say that it's a candy cane.
here a little pic of mine.....

Old 04-24-2002, 10:22 PM   #9
Kevin M
Maybe I'm losing my mind here (or im color blind?) but these are ornage are they not? Candy Canes are red for the most part. Or are we calling this an orange candy cane?

Old 04-25-2002, 03:20 AM   #10
Warren
Smile

IMHO, the one in the first pic is a Candy Cane.
Sorry Simon, but the second pic to me looks like a Creamsicle. The ground color looks a lot more yellowish like a Cream then the white ground color of a Candy Cane.

Peace!
wc

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google