• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

The brain ( opposed to pinkey )

ROACHMAN

pinkey and the brain were my first 2 amel corns ...could anyone tell me if this...well i dont know ..is it a candycane ?..a milkphase...what type of corn is this exactly ?

Attachments

• camel2.jpg
    camel2.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 293
Yo ROACHMAN, what a beautiful snake. I have looked in 'The Corn Snake Manual' by Bill and Kathy Love and I think she's a candycane corn. This sentence is directly copied out of the book - 'Candycanes are a fourth cultivar of the amelanistic corn that ideally results in a whitish snake with bright red-orange blotches'. She looks as the book says, a Candycane, and as I said BEAUTIFUL man.

Thanx

thanx , i al so think she is gorgeous ...i got her as a plain amel ..but here in sa there are nto many pet shops that knows alot about snakes..
i plan to breed her with the male that you say you have a female of ( well same colour)...it would be intresting to see what develops there..cant wait till they get to breeding age.
i have another colour ....i'll quickly take a pic ..this other one is more flesh tone than i have ever seenon a amel...and she is in shed so she looks even lighter..check under AZTEC ? (that will be the post heading) ...
pinkey is set to breed with them both :)

Looks like a Creamsicle to me. Or at least its a dead ringer for any Creamsicles my collection consists of and produces.

I'm sticking with Creamsicle...

But I'd love to hear others guesses? Damn, I have to get a new digicam. This would be an excellent time to post some photos of my Creams for comparison.

I'd say that it's a candy cane.
here a little pic of mine.....

Attachments

• simon - (6) candy cane 02.jpg
    simon - (6) candy cane 02.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 253
Maybe I'm losing my mind here (or im color blind?) but these are ornage are they not? Candy Canes are red for the most part. Or are we calling this an orange candy cane?

IMHO, the one in the first pic is a Candy Cane.
Sorry Simon, but the second pic to me looks like a Creamsicle. The ground color looks a lot more yellowish like a Cream then the white ground color of a Candy Cane.

Peace!
wc

hahah
trust me.....the photo here looks a lot yellowish, the true background color is really white. You can ask jim about this...hahah and I picked it out from Kathy Loves.

Kevin M,
yes this is an orange phse candy cane. There are two kinds, the red kind and the orange kind. Apparently, this is the orange one. I love the red ones too!

Oh, Okay. I'll take your word for it Simon. I saw where you were complaining about the yellow in some of the other pics. :) Nice snakes no matter what the color!

Peace.
wc

If the background is white, then its a candycane, if the background is yellow its a crimsicle. But who cares as long as they are well and thriving.

THANX All

ok so i take it ORANGE PHAZE CANDYCANE is the answer , thanx to you all , i agree with KAZ as well as they are well and thriving and i see they are all over the world ...enjoy your corns guys and girls , i know i LOVE mine ;)

Simon

Ok, Thats what threw me off. Everyone kept saying Candy Cane and I immediatly thought of the red phase, which these obviously arent.

I can accept that its an orange candy cane though. Though Im very suprised at how much they both resemble my Creams.

i'm still going to call them candycreams. simon isn't kidding... the ground color on his are a brilliant white. definitely top shelf picks!!! hope they keep that grond color. ---jim ...wish i had pics of my candycane :(...

Kevin, yeah I would say that there is the red and orange phase candy canes, but both kinds are just purely pretty!

Jim,
you should of got your candy canes up here so that I could of took some pics for you....maybe next time......but then I'll need to find another digi cam......my friend took his back already...haha

Back