• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

amber motleys and caramel stripes

Amanda E

Snake Addict!
Hi.

I have been trying to find amber motleys everywhere, but I have had no luck :(. Are you in the process of creating this cultivar or not? If not, is there a reason why? I would have thought that at the same time you were creating butter motleys you would have started a project for amber motleys as well. I would very much like to see what one would look like compared to a butter or caramel motley.

I also know that you have a few caramel stripes and I was hoping that you could post some more recent pics of them to show how they look as sub-adults or adults (whatever is the oldest you have to show). I do realize you are busy, so if you don't have time to do so, I understand.

Thank you.:D

Yes, I may produce some Amber Motleys this season. However, some of my Caramel Motleys become so lightly colored, I'm doubtful that the Amber Motleys will be able to get much lighter without looking like Butter Motleys with dark eyes. Of course, those light Caramel Motleys might just be some examples with one of those unisolated Hypo genes floating around in here.

Bear in mind that I have a LOT or projects going on around here that I don't talk about much. So when you see photos and hints of what I am doing, you are only seeing the tip of the iceberg. Quite honestly, I cannot do every project that pops into my mind simply because I have to limit the number of animals I am working with. Some of the adults I have on the surplus list right now are animals that most certainly could be the seed stock for several different projects I can think of, but I have more interesting things to pursue instead.

Yeah, time is in short supply. And this was supposed to be my slack time, too. I REALLY need to get started doing my taxes, but every day I think I'll have time to get to it 'tomorrow'.

I actually really like the Caramel Stripes. It wouldn't surprise me much if they were in just as high of a demand as the Butter Stripes.

Later....

Back