• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

hey hey, may have just made the jammiest purchase ever!!!!

Hey peoples,

I'm a newby reptile keeper but have had years of aquatics experience, and surprisingly a lot of the habitat/environment experience is quite transferable!

Ive had fluffy, my CbAug10 carolina/normal corn since end of last yr, shes a proper monster feeder and I'm totally in love! I say her, I was "reliably" informed fluffy was a she but I do intend to have her probed for confirmation! Any advice on this would be most welcome! I have no intention of doing this myself!!! I'm in t'Hull in the uk. I have been informed that I over feed her, she's taking, 1 x rat pup + 1or2 x hoppers depending if she's still "hunting" after the first every friday, last measurement put her at 26" but that was at least 6wks ago! She's not noticeably fat, and is active and unrestricted in her movements. VVVVVVVery friendly and alert! Yes a snake that is less than a year old should only be eating 1 fuzzy maybe 1 hopper per week.

The "Jammiest purchase" I mentioned is a pair of snakes that used to belong to another member here and an ex friend, consisting of Fluffys "sister" (do excuse the overuse of quotation marks but lots of "possibles" in the details!! lol) which is likely going to be coming up for sale soon, once im confortable with its condition PLUS a beautiful snake which some time ago I identified for the previous owner as an Anery Upperkeys, though the Anery maybe dubious as its colouration is lightening as it ages so more likely a ghost! PICS WILL BE FOLLOWING before somebody asks, lol. Both for an undisclosed amount of money (undisclosed as if my other half truely new how much I spend on my animals I would be missing certain vital organs!!! lol) but still far less than i would have paid for the Upperkeys alone!!!! (hope the seller doesnt see that!!! he he he).

From what I can gather the Upperkeys is about the same age as Fluffy but at least half her size, Now I know this is asked often and usually starts a raging bitch fight amongst certain members but as I'm going to do it! Why? What would be the most adviceable process for introducing the Upperkeys to Fluffy? Don't do it! It is not worth the possible risks to your snakes. I'm thinking of leaving the two new introductions who have happily lived together for quite some time, in a rub inside Fluffys viv, this would allow them to smell and see each other without contact, This would probably just stress fluffy out because she can smell but not see the other snake.obviously with suitable cover and hides inside the rub...Discuss...oh and before the obvious is said I will suitably adjust the Upperkeys feeding programme to allow it to grow to full potential, as at the moment the upperkeys would make a nice stomach filling snack for fluffy!!!There is you answer right there, plus you do not know the for genders of the snakes so you might end up a gravid female.

I will stop now as I'm waffling! thanks in advance peoples,

David

Does that answer all of your questions?

So, we are being mean and horrible because we told you that snakes can lead miserable tortured lives, and possibly die by being housed in a manner in which they are naturally not accustomed.
But you want to do it anyway, for whatever reason, and cause possible injury or death to your snake.

Living singley has never killed a snake, so why even chance it?
What possible reason could you have that would be good enough?

Again, without prejudice, what possible benefit would cohabbing bring for your snakes? How big will their enclosure be? What sort of set up, how many hides?

I had asked for help! Im removing myself from this forum as help is the last thing your interested in giving obviously! Oh and perhaps you should put up a list of bigotry on the front page as it would save those of us who would like actual advice being nieve enough to expect it! WTF is trolling anyway????

You asked for help with something that the experts advise not to do. What did you expect? If you want to go against all that the corn snake breeders that literally wrote the books on corn snake care say about cohabitation (Kathy Love, Don Soderberg and Rich Zuchowski, to throw some names out there), then be our guest and simply put your snakes together. There simply are no recommendations concerning how to introduce a new snake into the tank of another one. As an analogy, it is recommended that you do not stick a knife into a live electrical outlet. You say that you know this already, but ask anyway what the best method is to stick a knife into a live electrical outlet. The only reasonable conclusion anyone on this forum can conclude is that you purposely made your request in order to stir things up...to troll.

Oh, and your inexperience concerning corn snakes is obvious by your simple questioning of your anery Upper Keys' genetics. If you knew anything, you would know that the Upper Keys corns are noted for their natural light, hypo-like coloration.

Was exactly the sort of information I expected To receive diamondlil! Starsevol read your own tagline then reconsider your attitude! Cmalchow no it doesnt it just re-enforces your opinion! And misses out the probing question! Petty begets petty! RITE HOW DO I LEAVE THIS GROUP? AND PLEASE FOR ONCE IN YOUR LIVES BE HELPFUL!

My sincerest apologies susan! I hadnt realised that an indepth understanding of colubrid genetics and the mystical art of morph names was a prerequisite of being a member! As it stands the information on morphology terminology appears to be vague and as opinion based as this tirade!

Was exactly the sort of information I expected To receive diamondlil!
I asked pertinent questions, asking for supporting information from you. In a reasonable manner. I do have a little experience in keeping snakes. I have much more experience in seeking and getting help from members on here with more knowledge forgotten than I've accrued.
As for leaving I'm sure the moderators can oblige you in your wish to leave :wavey:

Right i have just reviewed your posts diamondlil and at no point have you asked for supporting evidence! The questions posed are clearly retorical and made more as statements! I dont doubt your capacity as an "expert" or for gleaning information! I would note also that your final line is as much unhelpful as starsevols passive aggressive sarcasm! I was.....actually im sick of this......

Then nanci no i am not! I was asking for some advice from those who have sucessfully done it! Actually for those who are listening and not spouting, to back up information ive been given by uk breeders and from ZSL who have several cohabbed corns in their collection! Clearly the assumption has been made that im an idiot! And your (the collective not directed at nanci) opinions are agressively and continuously stated until the alternative is drowned out! Also to refer back making broad generalisations about all snakes is equivalent to making statements about all mammals or all birds!....clearly im wasting my time!

Actually, you're wasting our time. You know what's right and wrong in snake keeping. You're looking for someone to agree with you that co-habbing is fine. You won't find many people on here who will be on your side. And since you don't like people talking about animals they seemingly know nothing about, I'm going to intentionally put sand in your Vaseline and comment on fish keeping for a moment. Maybe you'll get this analogy. Someone comes to you as a fish keeper and wants advice on the best way to introduce a goldfish into a saltwater tank. They tell you they know its not right, but they are insistant and only want to hear you tell them its ok and this is how to do it. Are you going to pat them on the back and tell them its ok if the goldfish dies? I rather doubt it. So take your own nasty attitude and find another forum where there are more agreeable people that suit your taste.

Dionythicus, as im sure you know:
The goldfish would DEFINATLY be dead within a short period!
As you say MOST disagree!
I understand the OPINION of most keepers on here!
I was interested in those who have been SUCCESSFUL! (Which im sure i will get a tirade of drivel about)
I was expecting a group of HELPFUL herpetologists!
Ive had nothing but assumptions and abuse to which ive been aggressively berated for responding to!
I have no opinion to agree with!
Oh and nobody asked you personally to respond, hence making you all aware at the start that i knew the opinion of most of you (applies to all the nasty posters)
And I have enough information from actual professionals to make an informed choice about my actions! None of which has been backed by the abuse ive had here!

And most finaly would one of you "frustrated outburst removed" people tell me how to get the hell off this forum!!!!! Im sick of you and I dont doubt for your the sake of your masculinity you would respond in kind!

Is this part of the Goodbye tour the troll take before leaving.

Cause I always get confused between their bull and the crap!!

How stupid can you be to not know how to leave a forum? Just don't come back! Its easy as that. I'm sure Rich Z can help you. It's called getting banned.

Well will one of you * bigoted yanky ** get me banned then cos if any of you had the balls youd be being murdered by the afgans by now! And its obvious your to * far up your own s to show the slightest * consideration! Your to * retarded to understand the world outside your worthless lump of meat skulls!

Maybe that makes a point about your bullying attitudes?? Im sure you will twist it to suit your opinion!!! But hey if it works then im free of you! And if RichZ can cancel my account then at least one person here would be of some use! Oh and dion your an embarresment to your forum! Clearly you could do with some anger management as your personal attack was the cause of the above!

Last edited by a moderator:
How stupid can you be to not know how to leave a forum? Just don't come back! Its easy as that. I'm sure Rich Z can help you. It's called getting banned.

Looks like David is showing how stupid he is!! I think his fish are doing well too!
Oh well. How did Queen sing it?? .... Another one bites the dust

Thanks lenny obviously your more interested in being unpleasant! Glad your enjoying this as im ing hating having your attitude shoved down my neck! nut!

Back