• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Possible to Cut Fuzzys?

Plipa

I have a corn snake weighing in at about 56 grams. I recently purchased some fuzzy from Perfect Prey which are about 5-7 grams; I figured this was the proper weight since I can feed about 10-13% of her body weight.
When they arrived I gave her one, she got it down but seemed to be struggling, something she didn't do when I gave her pinkies.
There was no regurgitation.
She appears to be fine I was just wondering if I could make it easier on her by cutting them a bit. This is the first snake I've owned so I am new at this.

(Also:Most of the mice weigh in the pack actually weigh 6-7 grams.)

Cutting them is perfectly fine. It can aid in digestion since the digestive juices can get inside the food more quickly. Often they will struggle a bit when they are bumped up to a larger size.

It takes a snake a few times to get used to swallowing larger prey. 6-7 gram peach fuzzies are well within the size range for your snake. I'd start with the smallest fuzzy in the pack, then work your way up to the largest one. You can go to hoppers for your next order. I slit mice for my snakes until they get onto adult mice. I cut one slit through the head and then three or four down the back.

I'm not saying he should be eating smaller. I'm saying, he should be eating larger, but start with the smallest and work your way up, so as he grows, the mice get bigger.

Yes. I just meant I would start with the small ones in the pack I bought then feed her the bigger ones.

Back