CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Corn Snake Photo Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Corn Snake Photo Gallery Show them off! Post photos of your prizes and your favorities for everyone else to see and comment on.

What morph is this?

Old 08-19-2017, 10:48 PM   #1
Brixxart
What morph is this?

An online friend of mine was sharing pictures she took at repticon today and she showed me this gorgeous corn but couldn't remember the morph color aside from a motley.

Anyone know by the pictures what this beautiful baby was?

Old 08-19-2017, 11:03 PM   #2
Arpolis
Buff or caremel? Pretty snake regardless.

Old 08-20-2017, 12:21 AM   #3
CornsAustria
Is it a colour true picture ? For me it looks like a amber motley when the eyes are not red - if the eyes are red it could be a amel or butter motley (depends on the real colour)

Old 08-22-2017, 03:15 PM   #4
Dragonling
So many hypo-types and hypo-type combos have similar looks, it's impossible to give a definite answer just from visual appearance.

Old 08-24-2017, 01:57 AM   #5
T-man
Talking I own a 5 month old albino/normal

It looks a lot like mine and mines an albino normal...i think anyways you might not want to take my advice after all i am a 14 year old boy.

Old 08-24-2017, 05:07 AM   #6
GMR_TFH
Looks like a caramel motley to me.

Old 08-24-2017, 05:14 AM   #7
T-man
Cool

Mabe so but here's my normal/albino keep in mind he is 5 months old also his name is Cola

Old 08-26-2017, 02:25 AM   #8
GMR_TFH
That's obviously a normal Motley T-man. The fact that it has the yellow in the ground color tells me it's likely a caramel based morph.

Old 08-26-2017, 02:42 AM   #9
GMR_TFH
T-Man You're 14 yrs old and literally know very little about corn snakes and how to ID them. I suggest you learn more about genetics and how to ID them before offering advice on what morph they are. I can't 100% say for sure that's what it is, but I'm quite familiar with the different morphs and am pretty confident about my ability to ID the morphs. Hypo DOESN'T make them yellow. It only causes a reduction in the melanin which leaves a lighter brown colored corn snake if it's just hypo. Considering that I breed corn snakes and have over 50 at the moment, I think I know enough to be a bit more confident of my ability than just making a guess.

Old 08-27-2017, 01:43 AM   #10
Shiari
The OP's snake does NOT look like a caramel motley in the photos. The color is far too true-orange. Yellow in the ground color is not only seen with caramel. Caramel is a type of anery. They lack the red pigments leaving behind yellow and brown.

The lighting in these photos is poor, but in the first photo you can see that this animal has proper orange coloring in the saddles.

OP, can you please provide us with photos in natural light so we can get to the bottom of this for once and for all? Please include pictures that are close ups of the head, as well as the whole snake from the top.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google