CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Mystic Exotics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Mystic Exotics Welcome! Mystic Exotics is a small, home-based business in the PNW. Here you will find photos of my animals, breeding projects, and occasional random fun stuff. Thank you for visiting!

Carpet Pythons

Old 08-20-2012, 01:20 AM   #81
MysticExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratsncorns View Post
Yeah hes from the WC outcross lines. He told me one of the parents was 100% WC import. He said he was bringing some to the show. So must be it! He said it was a very small clutch.
Sweet! We have brothers!

Old 08-20-2012, 01:25 AM   #82
ratsncorns
Yay! It will be interesting to compare them!

Old 08-20-2012, 01:40 AM   #83
MysticExotics
Just got more lineage info from Nick. My het Granite male & the Granite female share the same sire.

For the het Granite male:
Dam: 50% ph Granite female [Grandsire: het male-Precision Reptiles X Granddam: WC female imported by Strictly Reptiles about 2007]
Sire:Granite (original Piet Nuyen line-Denmark)

For my Granite female:
Dam: het female (Paul Harris) [Grandsire: original line Granite X WC Granddam] Sire:Granite (original Piet Nuyen line-Denmark)

Old 08-23-2012, 07:28 PM   #84
snakewispera snr
Those are really good names to see on the list... It's not IMO as it's a no Brainer....
That must leave you smiling having seen that

Old 08-23-2012, 07:44 PM   #85
MysticExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakewispera snr View Post
Those are really good names to see on the list... It's not IMO as it's a no Brainer....
That must leave you smiling having seen that
Oh my, so much so! I'm getting a third baby from Nick, a het Granite female, from 50% WC outcross lines, (the other two are 25% WC outcross). All three of these Granite gened babies are from separate lines, so that's an even bigger bonus!
This het female is one of three females in the clutch. One is likely sold, he's keeping one & I get one of them. He'll send pics in the near future. I get to pick her up at the October show.

*Angela, I think your boy is actually a sibling to this female I'm getting, if your boy is 50% WC outcross. My het Granite male & my Granite girl are both 25%.

Nick has 5 clutches of Granite/het Granite's this year, 4 of them have some sort of unrelated blood in them.

I cannot tell you how excited I am to work on these Granite projects down the road!!

I have a poss het Granite female from a local breeder, that might be big enough to breed next year, if my het Granite male is big enough by then as well.

My poss het Granite Jag female is in NC right now, growing up, & when she's ready (probably 2014) she'll be paired with one of two outstanding Granite males that my friend has. Hopefully, she'll prove out het Granite, & maybe get some Granite Jags.

I'll be posting lots of progression pics of these babies

Old 08-23-2012, 08:03 PM   #86
ratsncorns
Yeah, hes 50% WC outcross. Cool!!

Old 08-23-2012, 08:08 PM   #87
MysticExotics
Quote:
Yeah, hes 50% WC outcross. Cool!!
Nick is great to deal with, he's got an insane amount of knowledge when it comes to Morelia, & he's really easy to work with!

Now, if I can get out of the October show with *just* my female het Granite, & not give in to any more, that will be a feat, for sure! LOL

Old 08-23-2012, 08:13 PM   #88
ratsncorns
I got the CP book at Daytona and Im just starting it. Its a big book! But should be fun/educational to read. I really enjoyed chatting with Nick too. I was very happy with the transaction. Now for it to cool down enough to ship.

How many carpets do you have now?

Old 08-23-2012, 08:17 PM   #89
snakewispera snr
I got 'The Book'.... Nicks done a brilliant job...
And Heather that's a cool project ... Nice one.

Old 08-23-2012, 08:26 PM   #90
MysticExotics
Quote:
I got the CP book at Daytona and Im just starting it. Its a big book! But should be fun/educational to read. I really enjoyed chatting with Nick too. I was very happy with the transaction. Now for it to cool down enough to ship.

How many carpets do you have now?
Awesome! It's a great book! I need to remember to take mine to have Nick autograph one of these days.

Total (inluding those not in house at the moment) = 20
My poss het Granite IJ Jag is on loan to a friend, then there's the female I will be picking up from Nick, three babies that I'm waiting on shipping from Luke Snell (another fabulous IJ breeder), two of those babies are poss het Granite (I'm waiting on a couple females in one clutch to shed, so I can pick one out-I've already picked out the male from one clutch (got 2nd pick) & decided to add one of the ph male siblings to the female I'll be getting, & I've already picked him out. Once I pick out a female, & the weather cools a bit more, those three will ship.

I will be getting a JCP female from my friend who has my IJ Jag. I've been waiting for a female baby from this particular female of hers since last year. She didn't produce last year, & then psyched us out this year, & dropped eggs out of the blue. I'm waiting for babies to shed, & then figure out which once I can chose from. She knows I like stripey/wacky patterns, so I should get something pretty cool.

My focus has become the IJ's & JCP's, & I look forward to working with those projects.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google