CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

Palmetto arrived today

Old 05-10-2014, 04:33 PM   #21
Chip
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip View Post
I doubt I'll breed her next year, even though I'd bet the 300 gram mark will be easily reached. I'll wait until het males are floating around, probably in 2014 or later. Still tinkering with displaying her in my shop, but will need to look into some theft-resistant caging.
Well, having reached well over the 350 gram point, and after speaking with Don, I ran my friendliest male tessera, Champ through her. She has had two pre lay sheds now, and looks like she is about to bust. So barring tragedy, I will have het palmettos this year.

Also, never moved her to the shop for display. I got irritated enough when people would tap on the glass of normals, I'd probably be ridiculously protective with her. And I have had one snake shoplifted from my store (he was caught), and just couldn't take that risk. I like having her near where I sleep.

Old 05-10-2014, 04:51 PM   #22
MysticExotics
Fingers crossed for good, healthy babies! You are holding back all of the Tessera's right? LOL I WOULD!

I don't blame you for not keeping her at the shop, there's no way I would either.

Old 05-10-2014, 05:29 PM   #23
Nanci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip View Post
I like having her near where I sleep.
Palmetto under one pillow, handgun under the other :-)

Old 05-10-2014, 05:36 PM   #24
Chip
When I first got her settled in, I couldn't put her down. I don't handle my snakes a ton, but I bet she averaged several hours those first few weeks. I don't think I handled snakes as a kid so much! It was almost as bad with the scaleless, because she feels so neat. But she's shy by nature, so I've not given her quite as much.

Old 05-15-2014, 02:03 PM   #25
lvchris
Beautiful girl you have there. Any idea what you will be selling your het males for? I would be interested in a tessera het palmetto if possible.

Old 05-15-2014, 02:21 PM   #26
Chip
I don't want to count my chickens before they hatch, so to speak. I'll want to hold back at least three males for breeding and backup, and this is this girl's first year. I haven't seen a male palmetto (or het) offered for sale yet, but any that might be tessera won't influence the price. I assume you have a female?

Old 05-15-2014, 02:32 PM   #27
lvchris
yes i have a female. Talked to Don about picking up a male this coming year, but if there are none available a het male would be just fine.

Old 05-15-2014, 02:39 PM   #28
Myca
Oh I wish I could have a Palmetto. When I first became interested in corns, I just go goggled corn snake and a palmetto popped up. Knowing nothing, I thought, oh I want one that color and started searching. When I finally found the price....LOL, I got Charisma instead.

Old 05-15-2014, 03:01 PM   #29
Chip
Yeah, I think a lot of us were sticker shocked at first!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvchris View Post
yes i have a female. Talked to Don about picking up a male this coming year, but if there are none available a het male would be just fine.
Cool, I'll update the eggs, clutch, etc. in this thread. I can't be the first to pair up this year, surely...

Old 05-15-2014, 03:11 PM   #30
lvchris
Great, thanks Chip. Yeah Rich hume told me he also breed to a Tessera.. you know how it goes, just reaching out a little so i may have a chance to get a male or het male once everyone establish's what they will be keeping (gatta obsess over something) I wish you the best with this clutch

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google