CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

Special delivery from Strange Cargo

Old 09-18-2013, 11:40 PM   #1
Chip
Special delivery from Strange Cargo

Graham Criglow of Strange Cargo Exotics very briefly put up an ad for a line of snows he's calling Cotton Candy Snows. I was lucky enough to be online to grab a pair! His holdback yearling was in the category of the most pink snake I have ever seen. Anyway, without further adieu, here they are:

Male, 7.0 grams:

Female, 6.8 grams:

Most baby corns change pretty drastically from what they look like as babies. These will get much more pink as they grow. Both took frozen/thawed right away, and before feeding, were calm while being weighed, sexed, having their spine's checked and posing for pictures. I'm confident these are going to grow in to stellar animals and I look forward to updating you with progression pictures. Thanks Graham, for picking me such a great pair!

And hopefully Graham won't mind me sharing this photo of his yearling:

Old 09-18-2013, 11:44 PM   #2
neworleansvamp
seriously awesome snake! beautiful

Old 09-19-2013, 04:33 AM   #3
t.woodz
beautiful

they are beautiful

Old 09-19-2013, 05:40 AM   #4
Nanci
You can already see how pink they are! So beautiful!!

Old 09-19-2013, 07:23 AM   #5
notserp
Are they just specially bred Snows (anery, amels) or is there some other gene like some type of hypo?

Old 09-19-2013, 09:08 AM   #6
Chip
There appears to be another gene at play, I would suspect "red factor" or "red mask" or some other gene that creates a red wash. I believe JMG produced the first, and Marsha from Poppycorns is known for refining it. I'd be curious as to Graham's thoughts...

Old 09-19-2013, 10:41 AM   #7
AliCat37
O.o I must have.

Old 09-19-2013, 11:58 AM   #8
jcdrgnfly
A female Cotton Candy is #1 on my wishlist right now - amazing color!! Congrats!!

*makes note to contact Graham about next year's waiting list*

Old 09-19-2013, 04:02 PM   #9
notserp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip View Post
There appears to be another gene at play, I would suspect "red factor" or "red mask" or some other gene that creates a red wash. I believe JMG produced the first, and Marsha from Poppycorns is known for refining it. I'd be curious as to Graham's thoughts...
What are 'red mask' and 'red factor' ? Are they new single ressesive gene mutations?

Old 09-19-2013, 05:36 PM   #10
Chip
I'm not the right person to ask. While I have bought a few animals that have the genes, I have barely worked with it at all, only breeding homo to homo. I'd suggest using the search function here and trying Google. Some seem to think it's incomplete dominant, and there is word that it intensifies with future generations. Here's what Graham's site says about it: http://scexotics.com/cornsnakes/pink...now-cornsnake/

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google