CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

Just want to confirm my corn snakes morph

Old 08-24-2016, 07:16 AM   #1
canicemok
Just want to confirm my corn snakes morph

Hello all. I have 2 corn snakes. I have searched the morphs of my snakes on some websites but still can't confirm which kind is right. I guess my big one is a snow coral corn snake. For the small one, the shop told me it is an anery corn snake. However, I can find some red pigment on it which anery won't have. Therefore, I don't know what kind of morph is my small corn. Hope you guys can help me. Thank you.

Old 08-24-2016, 07:56 AM   #2
Giga
The pinky-red one rather looks like a butter, but I'm not 100% certain.

The black and white one is an anery (short for anerythristic)

Old 08-24-2016, 07:58 AM   #3
Giga
Edit - just realised the pink one is way older than I thought at first glance, so probably not a butter - sorry about that!

Old 08-24-2016, 09:29 AM   #4
DollysMom
Where do you see red on the supposed anery? I can't find it in the picture.

I'm not knowledgeable enough to to absolutely confirm the coral snow but it looks like it to me. It is definitely not a butter, young or otherwise.

Old 08-24-2016, 09:48 AM   #5
Dragonling
Definitely a coral snow, and if the young one's eyes are silvery it is indeed anery and will probably be more brown as an adult than black and gray.

Old 08-24-2016, 10:35 AM   #6
canicemok
Thank you guys for confirming the coral snow one. For the anery one, it is not pure black but get some brown on it. I don't know some anery corn snakes will look more brown when they grow up. Anyway thank you guys!!

Old 08-24-2016, 11:05 AM   #7
hypnoctopus
The 'anery' to me looks more like a Miami, but maybe it's just my screen?

Old 08-24-2016, 11:25 AM   #8
canicemok
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypnoctopus View Post
The 'anery' to me looks more like a Miami, but maybe it's just my screen?
Yes I think so because the black spot on the 'anery' actually looks more red in real sight. It will be sad news if it is a normal miami corn snake since if it is anery, he and my coral snow female can reproduce some F2 offsprings with morphs of Ghost and Snow and Coral Snow.

Lastly, anyone know what will the offsprings look like if miami breed with coral snow? thank you

Old 08-24-2016, 12:56 PM   #9
Shiari
On my screen the 'anery' looks like a really nice miami-phase as well.

Miamis are line-bred normals. So a normal bred to a coral snow will give you normals het anery, amel. The babies will probably not qualify as miami-phase.

And if you got a miami in china, it's probably an LBR-line miami, so a really high quality one.

Old 09-25-2016, 10:24 AM   #10
texsnake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiari View Post
On my screen the 'anery' looks like a really nice miami-phase as well.

Miamis are line-bred normals. So a normal bred to a coral snow will give you normals het anery, amel. The babies will probably not qualify as miami-phase.
Why would a Miami het for amel and anery not be considered a Miami? I'm curious because I recently acquired a Miami phase female het for amel. If she's not considered a Miami because of her genes then what would she be called?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google