• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

mouse vs. rat sizes.........

gwb8568

\../ 80's Rock \../
sorry if this has been posted somewhere else and please just give me the link if that is the case. i searched allot of different combinations and still could not find anything..............but i was wondering where to find a comparison chart or something on the difference between mice and rats as in pinkies, fuzzies, hoppers, etc..........and if that is what they are even called in the rat category.
obviously i am having trouble with some non-feeders and fixing to place an online order but not too sure what would compare with what i currently have in the size category. thanks for any help given.

I know I posted a picture quite awhile back, but I think it might have only been mice (I can't remember). It doesn't matter anyway, because I can't find it by doing a search.
IIRC, a couple of the online suppliers have pretty decent size comparisons/charts. You might try rodent pro and then either The Mouse Factory or American Rodent one or the other also has some comparison pics. Hope that helps. I just don't have time right now to get those pics myself, got to get back to work!

ill second the rodent pro website, they have weights of each item, so you can compare the weights they eat in mice to what is avalible in rats.

thanks people........i had tried those before but all they showed was an animal next to a quarter. i new i had seen a chart or something that had a "side x side" comparison with pics so you could physically see the difference. i did find a few things and thought it might help out this thread anyway: sorry..........trying to make it come up automatically, but it will only do it as a link. if someone else knows how to post it as the actual document without linking.....please help.
p.s. i changed a few things but credit belongs to frozenfeeder.com

Attachments

• Mice.doc
    40.5 KB · Views: 32
here is the picture of what you just posted:

And, just for future reference Galen, all I did was take a screen shot (Ctrl Print Screen) then pasted into a photo editing program and croped out what I didnt' want and save as. then just attach like a normal picture.

Attachments

• Mice_rats.jpg
    Mice_rats.jpg
    189.9 KB · Views: 143
I guess I'm confused. I thought you were looking for photos that showed the size difference. Doesn't comparing them to quarters do that?:confused:
Have you seen these pics? The mice and rats are in separate pictures, but with these pictures, rodent pro's pictures and the chart of weights and lengths you should be able to put together a pretty good picture in your head of what the differences are.

Attachments

• Clipboard02.jpg
    Clipboard02.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 134
  • Clipboard04.jpg
    Clipboard04.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 133
pcar said:
here is the picture of what you just posted:

thanks alot paul.........that is exactly what i thought i was doing but then again, i couldn't empty Bill Gates trash. i know nothing.

zwyatt said:
I guess I'm confused. I thought you were looking for photos that showed the size difference. Doesn't comparing them to quarters do that?:confused:

no, your not confused. the pic i had seen one time was like yours but they were laid out like: 1 mouse pinky, 1 rat pinky, 1 mouse fuzzy etc. all the way to the end. thanks for those pics you posted and yes, with this combination it will be easier for me and anyone else in the future to get an idea.

thanks again for everyones help.

Back